[ CHAPTER 4 ]

In the dark night, rain was pouring with all the might, grasping her heart with terror for the upcoming hours and for the uncertain future.

Standing in the balcony with a shawl wrapped around, while wind was playing with her hair strands. Mehar looked at the sky to find the stars and moon was hidden behind the stubborn clouds. She laced her fingers together as her emotions were flickered around her. Her heart was beating in the background while her silence was meeting the tip tapping sound of the rain. Rain drops touching the ground creating a soothing sound but nothing was soothing for her.

The night rain!

Beautiful in its own way. For one sees the colossal darkness, getting drenched.

Sometimes silent while sometimes violent.

Sometimes soothing while sometimes terrifying. One gets lost too at times amidst such rains for they have the power to drench the darkness within and without.

Beneath the smoke and flickering light, the pale night was folding its mysteries and her fear as she saw his car entering his state. The large black door opened and his car entered but her heart sank.

Mehar's leg wobbled and went jelly as he walked to the patio with strong and authoritative strides. Her breaths were coming like puffs and her heart was in the throat clearly missing its real place.

She clutched her shawl tightly and walked inside. As Mrs. Sheherbano had told her that he usually comes late home and has dinner late at night, so she was waiting for him while the rest of the house was sleeping. Mrs. Sheherbano would serve him but now she left it to Mehar to serve him for the first time as his wife and take his responsibilities.

Swallowing through her dry throat, she walked downstairs but only to collided with him as she took a step out of the room. Mehar lost her balance but before she fell, Aaban caught her and hold her from her waist. Their eyes locked and something shifted in the air, as the worry piled high on her shoulders vaporized into a pool of moonlight.

His eyes burned with intensity. He wondered briefly if someone he was holding in his arms was burning hot in that cold room with its silence which smelled like dead, was it his effect on her or............. She wasn't fine?

Mehar clutched the lapels of his suit jacket but she felt her body heavy since morning though the feeling intensified after looking at him.

''Aaban''

The wavery and shaky voice of Zulaikha begum snapped them apart as Aaban carefully left her and in an instant, Mehar took few steps back. Feeling flushed while Aaban didn't even cared and turned to her Ana (grandmother) with a smile on his face. This was the first time Mehar saw a genuine smile on his face. He looked more handsome.

'' you are married now boy. At least come home early but why did you left to work on the first day of your marriage?'' she playfully slapped him while holding her cane with one hand. Aaban smiled and side hugged her.

'' you know me Ana. I have pile of work ahead of me handling our business and party work.'' He looked so happy and free and it was first time Mehar was witnessing a complete new side of him.

'' yeah I know skunk rogue.'' She turned her face from Aaban who threw his head back and laughed. His voice was so soothing and arioso to her ears. But she was shocked on the relationship they both had.

A smile appeared on her face looking at them. Her heart bleeds remembering last night when he claimed her with rage and hurt her badly. But then looking at him now, she was shocked to see him so carefree with his Ana.

Why didn't he listen to her?

Why didn't he care for her?

Why didn't he try to know her?