Chapter 7: Strange Ways

Start from the beginning

The front door to the restaurant is heard opening as the door bell jingles. You walk in with the brand new meat grinder in hand and a sheepish smile.

"Welcome-"

Nikaido stares wide eyed at you as you place the box on the counter.

"(Y/n)..."

"Here's the meat grinder as promised. I never break a promise. Especially to my best friend." You said smirking at her.

Nikaido's body shook and face cringed at the fact you called her your best friend.

"Nikaido? You ok?" Coming around the counter to check on her.

"...You're cruel (Y/n)." She whimpered out as she teared up.

"Eh?! Wha- uh I'm sorry? Did I do something wrong? I didn't mean to make you cry." You asked panicking.

She started pounding against your chest with her fist but they didn't hurt.

"How dense can you be?! I like you idiot!" She said burying her face in your chest.

"Oh? I like you too Nikaido." You said smiling.

"Not like that... I..have feelings for you, not like a friend but.."

"OH..."

Pausing for a second, you engulfed Nikaido in a tight hug and sighed contently. She stopped crying at some point and called out your name confused.

"I think I feel the same way. I was scared out of my mind when I saw you almost die 4 days ago. I couldn't stand being alone in that hospital bed without wanting to see you, talk with you, haha and eat gyoza with you."

She looks up at you wide eyed after hearing your confession.

Feeling embarrassed now you let go and look away bashfully with a flushed face.

"Well... say something-" as you were about to finish your sentence, Nikaido grabs your face and slams it with hers.

Which meant your lips hit her teeth accidentally causing it to bleed, not wanting to ruin the moment you adjusted yourself and kissed Nikaido passionately.

You pulled back starting to smell something burn. That burning smell was the gyoza Nikaido left on the stove.

"...You're burning the gyoza." You said looking down at her.

She was dazed looking up at you and gasped realizing what you said.

"Oh! Shit... They're overcooked..." she murmured disappointed as she scrapped the gyoza's off the stove. You took the plate from her still feeling hungry regardless.

"Don't eat them... They're burnt." She laughs as her face is completely flushed.

As you were having a tender moment. Someone entered the restaurant and completely ruined. That person being the doc.

"Sorry not sorry. You discharged yourself without my permission. Anyway. Here." He says as he throws the jar with your head in.

"Ah! Ew..." you said feeling a bit nauseous holding your own head.

"I got an idea, we should dissect the thing! You in?" He asked grinning as he scratched his cheek.

"HUH?! Are you crazy?! This my head you're talking about!" You paused for a second.

"Uh I'll think about it doc." You informed him as you looked at your blanked and dead looking head.

"Alright, I guess I'll go then. I just came here to give you the head. Oh yeah,Good job. You finally made Nikaido your woman!" He said laughing.

"Doc! She's not my woman. She's my uhhh." You look at her wondering if she wanted to label what you two have now.

"I'm her girlfriend!" Nikaido announces as she glares at doc for trying to insinuate something.

You laughed into your hand as doc tried to defend himself and Nikaido was arguing with him as she had a small blush on her face.

Eventually doc left and it was late now. You had to go since you didn't want to overstay your welcome with Nikaido. Not that it was an issue from the beginning.

"As much as I would like to stay I gotta go Nikaido." You say getting up from the table with Nikaido on the other side of you.

"I mean... I don't mind you staying over." She said acting bashful now.

You chuckle.

"Let's take it slow for now. See ya tomorrow." You said coolly as you gave her a goodbye kiss and left with your head.

As soon as you left she collapsed to floor and held her face in her hands being filled with immense joy.

"Ahh... I think I die happy now. She's so cool..." she said whispering and smiling widely as she got up and went upstairs to sleep.

Meanwhile you went home and cringed thinking you over did it.

"Ugh... so lame. Haha..."

You stopped thinking about it as you passed by the apartment where Nikaido found you.

You were lost in thought as you saw someone in the shadows holding a jar with a woman's head inside it. The woman had (e/c) eyes and (h/c). The eyes had cross around the opening and looked at you.

The jar in your hand began to bubble up and overflow.

You awoke to the sound of your apartment door ringing.

You got up in your pajamas and examined the peephole.

"(Y/n)! Open up it's me! I brought you breakfast." Nikaido yells from the other side. You can tell she was shining brilliantly with energy and excitement.

"Hey cutie, come right in." You answered opening the door, leaning against the entrance feeling groggy.