Chapter 7: Strange Ways

All you saw was darkness for a while. You felt a jolt hit your body as you heard Nikaido's voice in the background.

"(Y/n)...(Y/n)." She spoke them softly as you felt warmth all of sudden.

The moment you felt it disappear, you woke up. You sat up panicking and looked around the room. You were in the hospital you worked at. Examing the damages done, you wore bandages around your neck,head, and had a cast on both legs. You sighed and never been this terribly fucked up from a wizard fight before.

.......

"NIKAIDO!" You screamed as if you forgotten about her. You sprang up from your bed and attempted to go and look for her but immediately fell to the ground because in that moment you had actually forgotten that your legs were in casts.

Vaux comes running into the room and sees you on the ground.

"What are you doing idiot?!" He asks helping pick you up and placing you back on the bed.

"Where's Nikaido? I she ok?"

"Huh? Yeah she was discharged yesterday." He explained as he examined you.

"Oh... well as long as she's alright then, I just thought Hmm..." you said a bit disappointed.

"Strange?"

"Whats up doc?"

"You had to go through intensive surgery 2 days ago and all of your wounds healed up like nothing. Oh yeah check this out!"

Vaux pulled out a jar with your head in it.

"....What the fuck?! How???" You asked confused as he shakes the jar with your dead head.

"I'm not sure? I had to cut out the large piece of neck that was partially cut off. Next day BOOM! A head formed over your neck chunk. Like a starfish?" Vaux explained as he shook the jar some more.

"Should dissect it!" He says crazily.

"STOP! That's...me you're messing with." You say grossed out while also being confused.

"Anyway, has Nikaido come by to see me?"

Vaux shakes his head and started to fidget around as if he had something bothering his mind.

"Yo (Y/n)..."

"Yeah doc?"

"You know Nikaido is a sorcerer right?"

You pause for a second as you looked at him as if he said something outlandish... which he did.

"BAHAHAH Have you lost it? Yeah right as if!"

"Agh! I'm telling the truth!*you laughed over him*- fine!"

He leaves annoyed.

You sat there in silence knowing he left entirely.

'...'

Two days pass without no word or sign from Nikaido. You had to stay an extra two days for examination but you're getting discharged later today.

"Ugh this tastes awful... got any Gyoza doc?" You complained as you ate lunch the doc brought you.

The doc left after checking up on you. You decided to discharge yourself since you felt fine. You got up and stretched,being out of casts and bandages. You shower and put on your regular clothes as you go visit the monks for the prize you forgot to collect on the terrible night.

Meanwhile Nikaido was at her restaurant. She was making some gyoza but she was out of it and was lost in thought.

'What if (Y/n) finds out I'm a sorcerer? What if she doesn't want to be around me anymore? Not liked it matter, my feelings are overflowing and I keep my true feelings in check anymore. I might just lose it if she comes and visits me...'