014

october 7th, 2019
3:18 am

THE FEELING OF IVORY, SOFT COTTON SHEETS caressed Jalen's bare back as he stirred

The pillows behind his head were fluffed, feather filled and the matching comforter over his boxer covered lower half was free of creases.

"This isn't my bed..." Jalen muttered to himself as he started to sit up.

The sun peeked through the curtains protecting the balcony, giving Jalen enough light to survey what was clearly a hotel room.

The flatscreen was hung on the wall while a chestnut wood dresser stood underneath.

A full length mirror was hung near the door of the bathroom on the right side of the room.

"Oh, good you're finally up." A feminine voice echoed from the left side of the room.

Jalen turned his head towards the voice, then lifted his hand to protect his eyes from the sun.

The girl the voice belonged to had opened one half of the curtains, her back turned away from Jalen.

"What?" Jalen asked, rubbing his left eye.

"Tip for the wise, kid," The girl moved the other half of the curtains revealing the outline of a beach and clear blue water below, "If you're gonna come surfing with me, maybe learn how to swim first."

The girl turned around, revealing herself to be Noelani, looking the best she's ever looked.

Her tan had set in, making her skin appear a golden brown sugar tone, shining against the outline of the light. Her hair was a few inches longer, the darkness of it contrasting against the light blue flowy dress that she had on. Behind her right ear was a set of ombré pink and orange plumerias.

"Come onnnnn." Noelani groaned as she came around Jalen's side of the bed.

Jalen glanced at the other side, realizing that there was only one bed in the room and that the right side of the bed was distressed like someone had been sleeping there.

"What's going on? Where are we?" Jalen let Noelani pull him out of bed.

Noelani snickered then leaned forward to press her lips against Jalen's cheek, "We're in Hawaii, kid. Come on, get dressed. We have breakfast with my mom in about thirt-."