052

march 3rd, 2020
11:53 am

"ARE YOU SURE THAT SHE'LL LIKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS?" Jalen asked Sydney

Sydney, him and Jasmine were currently standing in a jewelry store, looking over promise rings.

"Like I don't even have her back yet, I don't know if I should be doing this." Jalen admitted, picking at his curls.

"You are way over thinking this. A grand gesture always works," Sydney interjected, flashing him her own promise ring that was hanging on her cross necklace.

"Really?" Jalen asked in a dubious tone.

"In the movies, it always works." Jasmine chirped.

Sydney slapped her palm to her forehead and Jalen began to chuckle, "Yeah, no."

Jalen attempted to walk out but Sydney and Jasmine each grabbed an arm and pulled him back to where they were standing in front of a display case.

A sharp pain flitted through the side of Jalen's right foot and he stumbled.

"You good?" Jasmine asked.

"Yeah." Jalen affirmed but gave his sneaker covered foot a warning glance.

Jalen had been pushing himself a lot harder during practice and games and it had showed in Prolific Prep continuing a winning streak and his foot giving out at conspicuous times.

"Just give it a shot." Sydney pressed.

A sales lady who looked to be of East Asian descent, dressed professionally, walked to them from the other side of the case, "Are you lost? The Claire's is on the other side of the mall."

Jalen and Sydney immediately screwed their faces up at the shady remark but Jasmine put a hand up and stepped forward to say something in Korean, gesturing to Jalen.

The woman's expression grew pleasant and she responded before walking away with a smile on her face.

"How'd you know she was Korean? What did you say to her?" Sydney asked in an amused tone.

"Her name is Ji Hyun and that's my middle name. And I told her that he's really desperate and that my dad and his family are from Busan." Jasmine giggled.

Jalen rolled his eyes then looked back at the glass case full of rings, necklaces and diamond earrings.

"So... A ring? Or maybe a necklace? She likes hoop earrings." Jalen said, not looking at either of the two girls.