Happy Birthday, Lisa

Start from the beginning

"You fucked her?" I was the one who asked.

Shit. She nodded while tears are falling from her eyes.

I released a deep sigh and exhaled from a deep breath too because it's too heavy inside already. My tears fell from my eyes.

"I am sorry. I am sorry, Jennie." She said crying while holding my hand.

"How many times?" I asked while wiping the tear that fell again on my face.

"Once." She said.

"It was about to happen again but I stopped her. I swear. I stopped her and told her to stay away from me."

"Did you like how you fucked her? Did you like how she let you fuck her?" I asked.

"No, baby. No. I never liked it. I swear. I was wrong. What I did was wrong. And I am never going to do it again."

I smirked.

"So what happened earlier in your office if you didn't like your fuck with her?"

"We had a meeting and she stayed. I kept pushing her away. She forced herself to me. When you arrived, God knows I was pushing her. God knows, Jen." She explains and still crying, kneeling and begging.

"Do you love her?" I asked.

"No, baby. I don't love her. I love you." She said.

"You love---love me, but you---you chose to hurt me." I said panting and my tears are already coming out.

"I was stupid. I regret everything I did. I am sorry." She said.

"The night you fucked her, I was not really feeling well that time. My head hurts and I don't understand this pain and weight inside my chest. So maybe I already felt something is happening here while I was away." I said but still in calm tone.

"Then the next day, the pain is still there. I thought it's going to disappear when I'll have a video call with you and hear you greeting me on my birthday, but you forgot. How can you forget if our birthdays are just days apart?"

Lisa's head almost reached the floor crying and begging. Apologizing.

"I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry, Baby." She keeps kneeling.

"You're sorry because of that fuck, you forgot your wife's birthday?" I chuckled.

I became quiet for a while and she is still crying while holding my hand.

"I couldn't think straight. I was bothered. I was preparing myself how to tell you when you arrive. I am sorry." She explained.

I took my hand from her and took something form my bag.

"I went to the hospital in Egypt because I couldn't take my headache anymore and you know I always felt vomiting and I couldn't taste food."

"I was not able to buy you a gift for your birthday at the mall inside the hotel because all I just wanted was to rest and sleep and so excited to see you."

"So when I was on the plane, I read my results thinking if should I be heading straight to Rosé to have my head checked, but.....I found out, I didn't have to."

"I didn't have to buy a gift for you too anymore."

"Lisa, as much as I want to slap you, punch you, slam your chest, I chose to be calm since the moment I caught you because....

because I don't want to risk our baby inside my tummy."

She looked at me in the eyes with sadness and regrets.

"Happy Birthday, Lisa."
I gave her the pregnancy test kit I used earlier at the office to make sure I am really pregnant though I already got the result on paper.

I stood up and she cried more. She cried more.

I took the luggage and brought downstairs. She followed me. But I was fast.

But when we reach downstairs, she hugged me from behind and keeps apologizing.

"Let go of me. I need to think. I am going home to my Dad."

"Jennie, let's fix this. Let's fix this please." She begged.

"Let me breath, Lisa. I can't be with you now."

Then suddenly, I felt a pain on my tummy. I curled and let out a noise because something is like crumpling inside my abdomen.

"Jennie. Jennie. I'll bring you to the hospital."

I saw blood flowing down my leg.