|Chapter 19|

Chapter 19
Lurid
"The heart of another is a dark forest, always, no matter how close it has been to one's own."-Willa Cather

"Okay... Talk." I said leaning back in my chair sipping on my drink. My mom and Scott took Kale, Angel, and I to this little dinner. They said that we needed to talk and discuss some things. I hope it's not Angel and I sleeping together we didn't do anything, but it's still embarrassing to talk about.

"We are here to talk about you and Angel sweetie."-oh no-"and about our future together, as a family." I don't recall this being thanksgiving.

"Okay."

"You see that marking on you?" Kale asked. I nodded my head. "That's like our family symbol. I have the same one, so does Angel. Who ever is changed or as done things to the person they love."- he looked at Angel and I-"they get the scare. I found my love fifty years ago Angel just found his." I looked at Angel then looked at smirking Kale. You mean to tell me this sexy ass guy is a virgin?!?

"Well..." I said fixing my shirt. "I'm guessing discussion is done." I got up, but Scott stopped me and pointed at the seat. He pulled up his sleeve to show me stars spiraling around his hand then up his arm and my mom showed me her arm too. Oh now I know what, go bump in the night. "Dear God." I said rubbing my forehead.

"You and Angel are going to be together forever and once he changes you-"

"Whoever said I wanted to change?" I asked.

"What? You and Angel-"

"No mom. I don't want to live forever. I don't know if I can even consider it." Angel grabbed my hand rubbing it and I pulled away. "Don't choose my life for me. If I want to die peacefully in bed I want to die peacefully in my bed."

"Reign look."

"No! Stop it. Just stop it. Yes things may be getting good, but I finally get to rest. I want to rest." I said getting up from my chair.

"Reign. We just want you to live forever healthy. You shouldn't be getting mad at this." Scott said standing up.

"I want my life to end how I want it to end." I walked down the street pissed. They don't need to control my life. My life was basically controlled by me always being sick. I might be getting better day by day, but I know my time is getting thin here on earth. I know that I'm going to die, get buried, then the worms are going to eat at my brains, and probably the apocalypse will come and I'll be a brain eating, guts eating zombie.

"Reign!" I turned around and saw Kale running towards me. Got dammit, can I get any free time? I sped up trying to get away from him. I turned around again and saw that he wasn't there. I let out a puff of air, when I turned back around he was right in front of me.

"God-dammit!" I screamed touching my heart.

"Could you not use your voodoo magic shit." I put my hand on my hip moving my hair away from my face. "What do you want?"

"Just talk." Everyone wants to talk today talk talk talk. I'm out of talking juice. "Please." I rolled my eyes then walked past him. "I'm taking that as a yes. Angel loves you Reign, he loves you to death. How don't you want to live with him forever? You won't have to watch your love ones die, because they'll live forever too. Reign are you even listening?!? Reign-"

"Stop! Okay? Just stop. I don't want to live forever, because... I don't know." I sat down beside the brick wall and puffed out air. "I don't know." Then I leaned my head back; Kale sat beside me creasing his eyebrows.

"Do you love him?" Do I? I might of knew for years through dreams, but now I'm actually getting to know him. Do I really love him? Do I really want to spend the rest of my life with the sexiest guy on the planet? Yes, but do I really love him? "You don't have to answer"-I don't think I was-"but I know soon you will feel the same way for him the way he feels for you." I looked at him then tilted my head.

"Where's your special someone?"

"At my home. I'll love for you to meet her one day."

"I would love to." I looked away from him then looked out the streets. I pushed myself off of the ground and dusted my pants off. "Im going to go home now."

"Let me take you. The fun way." He winked at me.

"How...?"

"Hold my hands and bend your knees a little."

"Umm how was this-" We were now in my room and I felt a little dizzy I wobbled a little bit and Kale helped me to stay in place.

"Yeah the first time for a human is hard. Your nose is bleeding. This never happens." He said the last part low.

"I'm a special case." Then I passed out.

I was running in a tunnel trying to get to the end. I took left then right, and right again and I saw a light. I put my hands on my knees to catch my breath then started to run towards the light, every step I took the light seemed to get farther and farther away from me. I tried running faster, but to no avail the light kept going away.

I screamed out loud in frustration and sat down on the nasty slimy wet cold floor. I kept staring at the light, I think it's taunting me, knowing that I could never get close to it. I need to get close to it don't I? I was about to get up when I felt something grab my arm. It looked like slimy ropes holding me down. I started to yank on it and I finally tour it off. I was about to run until it grabbed my ankle and I smacked the concrete floor hard. I yelled out when it was going through my leg.

I looked behind me and saw the slimy rope going inside of my leg. I tried moving my leg and tried pulling it out, but it hurt so damn much. I started to crawl to the light as fast as I can. Maybe when I get to the light the thing will stop trying to get inside of me. I crawled and crawled and I was getting no where close to the light. I wasn't even a foot away. I screamed when I felt it in my stomach. I scratched at my stomach, hitting it, anything to try to get it out of me. I saw a shiny object and took it stabbing myself in the stomach. Red. All I saw was red. Blood soaked my entire body. I grabbed the slimy rope pulling it out of my body. I kept pulling it and pulling it I stopped when I felt something beating I looked and saw my heart.

"What?" Then I passed out holding my beating heart.