Chapter 9 - Give and accept

'And in the middle of my chaos,
there was you'
Everyday Power (Pinterest)
___________________

Give and accept

Sadhvi's POV

It was a moment I was feeling,
feeling a lot of things.

Too many emotions all at once.

After collecting all our prayers in front of god figurines we moved to settle down in the living room.

Hands clasped due to nervousness, I was holding myself together. I was a confident young woman but every practice and courage I have learnt till now, failed right the moment.

Avrudh and I together, Meheka and Avesh together on a different sofa to our left. That was the sitting arrangement.

The rest of the family members surrounding us some seated, some waiting for their turns to give us their blessings.

The gifts and stuff we bought with us were kept or more like arranged on the dining table.
We bought gifts for everyone- clothes for some and jewelry for some.

Meheka was beaming from where I was looking at her because nobody was aware Avesh was holding her hand under the veil she was covering almost whole of her being with.

The veil she was given as a sign of love and the new member of the family, a member who was to bring happiness and wealth with her holy steps into the house.

Her veil was beautiful, net texture with maroon for colour and royal blue from bottom. The borders of her veil was a combination of golden line, red decorating circular stars and hand embroidered work.

If anything the veil was multiplying her beauty.

I was very very happy for my sister, she was getting what she wanted.
She met my eyes and I blinked at her smiling.
She knew I was looking out for her always.

I moved my head down and gazed at my joined palms toying with my ring. I was happy for some other reason. The reason might be me getting what I wanted too.
I smiled to myself.

Since I couldn't look at myself without a mirror so using my peripheral view I looked at the part of my veil, which was sprawled on the sofa where I and my would be were sitting.
My veil was beautiful too.

Mine had a border a little too broad, all red and golden strings, making appearances of lotus flower and outlines.
The end lines with golden beats dangling from. The whole veil was a beautiful master piece of net texture in a blood red colour.

 The whole veil was a beautiful master piece of net texture in a blood red colour

*Somewhere close to what I had in mind*

I was blushing I realised when I imagined myself wearing the complete set—the image of me wearing the whole bridal dress was difficult but the picture was smile worthy.
I looked a little clumsy to myself in my mind, my face wasn’t very clear also but I was liking the imperfections already.