"Alright, here we are." David said, pulling into the schools parking lot. Wait, scratch that. This was barely a school, I thought as I stared wide eyed at the dark-bricked exquisite building in front of me. I watched students amble around, talking, laughing to their friends. After a delicious meal of spaghetti, my new family introduced me to my bedroom. The walls, painted a light blue, stretched across a forty-foot room. It came with a balcony, my own bathroom stocked with new makeup, brushes, and shampoo products. According to Lucy, it was the best makeup money could buy. I was starting to sense that they were quite wealthy. But when they finally showed me my walk-in closet, adorned with new clothes, I nearly cried. Lucy had boughten me shoes, shorts, designer pants, and anything else you could think of. David had bought a black plasma screen, and perched it in front of my bed. The bed, dressed in White and Blue sheets and pillows, sat on a stepped-ledge.

"It's great here, you'll see." Lucy squeezed my arm, before pulling open her door. Mariella was to be dropped off at school at 9:30, and it was currently 8:00. Another thing that was different from New York, the times were much different. We started at 8:10, and finished school at around 3:00.

After entering the building, I gaped at the amount of awards on the wall. Honor roll, to various athletic awards, and even cooking awards hung neatly on the red bulletin board.

Although I didn't know why, kids stared at me. Or maybe not me, but Lucy and David. It looked as if they were royalty. Ill have to ask someone about that.

I wore a casual dress I had found in the closet, and I started to rethink my options when I glanced at other kids's clothes. Jeans, and casual T-shirts were among the group
of dresses and ties. I was never one to wear dresses, but I had thought it was only appropriate to do so because of my first day and all.

I clutched my backpack straps tight, and followed Lucy and David around the corner. We ended up in a large office, a frame of a man hanging above the door. A secretary glanced at the visitors, and stood up immediately.

"Mr. and Mrs. Platt! Hi, how are you?" She asked, smoothing down her uncontainable head of curls.

Lucy smiled politely. "I'm great, Fran. Is Steve here?"

"Right in his office, he's expecting you."

David nodded, and let Lucy lead the way. He placed a hand on my shoulder, guiding me.

The same man I had just seen in the picture sat at a desk, typing away. He looked up immediately. "Lucy, David! How nice to see you again!"

The main, presumably Steve, stood up and around his desk to shake their hands. He turned to me. "And you must be Lindsey-it's so nice to meet you. I'm the high school principle."

I smiled, shaking his firm hand.

"So, I have her files all ready. Lindsey, you're ready to go." Steve started. "But first, I'm going to call up Mandi. She's the same age as you, and she'll be shadowing you for the day. We want you to be as comfortable as possible."

I nodded, and watched him cross the room and dial and number on the conference phone.

"Hi, Barbara. Can you please send Mandi Williams to the office? Alright, thanks." He said into the phone, and hung up. "She'll be here any moment."

"Will Lindsey receive her schedule?" David asked, straightening his tie.

"Ah, yes." Steve picked up a slip from the desk, and handed it to me.

I glanced at my classes. Spanish (R-3B), AP History(R-8C), Advanced Calculus (R-92D), AP English (R-46A), Lunch (Main Hall), Study Hall, (R-3B) Science, (R-1E) Psychology(R-32B)