Chapter 15

I woke up with an aching jaw, and the sunlight pouring through the cracked shades. I winced, and caught my eye on the nightstand. A prescription bag, along with a glass of water was positioned sweetly.

Good old, Lavender.

I got up, brushed my teeth, and made my way out of the room. I spotted Lavender sitting with her back towards me.

"I survived the surgery." I said, very giddy.

She turned, and smiled. Getting up, she made her way toward me; only to wrap her arms around my shoulders.

"I knew you'd be fine." She said standing back. "How was Nathaniel?"

I shrugged. "I don't remember anything after the surgery, so I'm probably not the ideal person to ask."

Lavender laughed, and nodded. "I'll ask him when he gets back, than."

I turned around, and opened the fridge. Scanning the familiar items, I settled on orange juice. "Thanks for the water, and my prescription."

I cracked open the cap, and poured the contents into the crystal glasse.

She raised her eyebrows. "What water, and prescription?"

It was my turn to look confused. "The one you left on the table..?"

She looked back down at her phone, frowning. "I didn't leave anything on your table."

Nathaniel.

I sighed, and my head snapped up to the sound of the door opening. Nathaniel walked in, carrying a coffee.

Thanks for bringing me-

He than strolled over to my side of the counter, and handed me an identical cup. I smiled. "Thanks."

His eyes lingered on my face for a few moments, than ripped away. "Lavender, I got you one too."