prologue

"Why are we leaving? This has been our home for generations!" The small grey shecat hissed as she stood shakily from her position by the entrance to the rocky camp. "We all know it. Our ancestors wanted us to stay here with the clans, to fix the rift in Starclan and to protect us all. We can't leave when this is our home!"

"I'm sorry Dewtail, Skyclan can no longer stay with the other clans. We can't support ourself on this." A large brown tom spoke softly, his voice soothing.

"Harewhisker is right. We thought when Leafstar and Hawkwing helped bring us to the lake we would be safe. But the other clans test our borders and steal our prey. We grow weak as they work to destroy us. From now on and forever, Skyclan will go back to our home. Back to our gorge. And we will never trust the clans again!" A large grey tabby tom called from his perch on a large rock, the rest of his clan cheering in agreement. He caught the furious glint in his medicine cat's eyes, and with a cold sneer he continued. "And any cat who disagrees are welcome to live out their days as a rogue, banished from Skyclan."

Dewtail shook her head as she retreated into a den, meeting the yellow eyes of a ginger tabby tom. "Well?" He spoke, his eyes hopeful as the little creamy brown tabby shecat beside him paused, her pale green eyes glancing up from the leaves she was sorting. It was only Dapplepaw's third day as an apprentice and already she was going to be uprooted from everything in order for the clan to find a new home.

"We won't be able to change Minnowstar's mind. We must hope to Starclan that someday the clans will accept us fully. I have seen the signs from Starclan. The lost clan will be saved by a storm of cinders and rain. Only then will four clans return to five and bring us full circle. My only hope is Skyclan stays alive to see it." Dewtail meowed gravely.

Ravensight curled up in his nest, his tail over his nose as he dreamt. He stood in a rocky gorge, in front of him was a creamy brown tabby shecat with green eyes, along with a large brown tom. "Who are you? Where am I?"

The two cats shared a look, offering Ravensight the chance to study them. They looked similar, with the same green eyes and long legs. Their hind legs were muscular, made for leaping, and as the tom lifted a massive paw to brush his nose slightly, Ravensight could see dark grey pads made for traveling stones.

"I am Dappleheart, this is Harestar. We're from Skyclan and we have a message. The storm of cinders and rain will bring the fifth clan full circle and defeat the coming darkness. But beware, where one falls, all fail." Dappleheart spoke softly. As the brown shecat  spoke, her companion glared at Ravensight as his claws unsheathed quickly and he lashed out, his paw swiping towards Ravensight's eyes.

With a jolt Ravensight woke up, his tail bristling as he looked around worriedly, his pale eyes wide as the echos of the apparent Skyclan cat's words.

'The storm of cinders and rain will bring the fifth clan full circle and defeat the coming darkness. But beware, where one falls, all fail.'

__________________________