-1-

[please remember this book is rated Mature]

-incoming call-

-accept-

"You've been assigned a new mission. Come to the office immediately, i'll be expecting you. You have twenty minutes. Don't waste my time, Manoban." My boss ended the call without even letting me mutter a word. I rolled my eyes at his demanding and rushed tone. Can't this guy ever lighten up? It doesn't hurt to smile once in a while.

I groaned as I got up from the table I was seated a few minutes ago. I walked towards the registration table dodging and ignoring the looks I received from skipping ahead of the line and looked towards the person in front of me taking reservations.

"I have to cancel my order, something came up." I spoke up, making eye contact with the person. She blushed before looking down and erasing my name from the board.

"It's okay. Have a nice day, Madam. I'll tell the owner you stopped by. Just make sure to give him a call whenever you can. He's been looking for you." I nodded at the instructions, grabbing my belongings from the table and walked back. "He isn't here today?" I asked, curiously staring at the girl before she shook her head. "Mr. Dowley had another hospital appointment so he won't be back until tomorrow."

I nodded my head and walked out closing the brown wooden door behind me.

I hopped on my black motorbike, kicking the clutch, hearing the engine roar as I zoomed down the streets. I watched everyone's movements as I drove by, looking at how we all had different lives. Some looked happy as more looked more miserable. Some more busy and others have more freedom. Then again, it is a Monday.

Soon after, I arrived at the building in exactly fifteen minutes due to the restaurant not being too far from the office.

I opened the door, walking through the lobby and hopping in the elevator doors. Once I reached the top floor, I opened the glass door revealing the stern man from the other line of the phone and cleared my throat making him notice my presence.

He gestured me to sit down and at his command, I sat in the soft cushioned chair with my legs crossed impatiently waiting for him to discuss what was so important.

The man took notice of my posture and scoffed lightly, showing his annoyance. He then cleared his throat grabbing a few papers from his desk when he suddenly looked into my direction.

"As you know, Manoban, I was suppose to issue you a mission, but since you've shown improvement over the past few years, I decided to give you a more complex task. Something a little more extreme." My boss exclaimed. I listened to him intently waiting for him to go on.

"The mission i'm about to show you has to be classified. It can't be passed to just anyone. So you've been picked specifically for this." He paused, allowing the words to sync in.

"You'll be working with the biggest assassins in this country and if you manage to complete the task, you'll be able join them as a member permanently and of course, your salary will increase. Now, we'll start off with simple explaining and if you accept it, then you'll be  ready to start anytime. So, what do you say?" He asked, examining my every movements, searching for any hesitation or fear.

That's a thing that was unacceptable in this place. Fear. Fear is the reason people don't accomplish what they want. And I? Well, I wasn't going to let that stop me from anything I was determined to do. I like to show my strength, allow them to see that I was strong enough for anything and that anything is possible. I'm not an easy quitter and it's rare if I ever back down from anything.

"I'm ready for anything, Sir." I declared, staring at him with the same look, challenging him.

He narrowed his eyes even more, looking deeper into mines to show his dominance. If I was an ordinary person, my pants would be soaked in pee with the aura he gave off. But I wasn't, I was just as dominate as he was and I was surely going to let him see that.