Lil' Cooking Fun

Even if he couldn't follow through with his promise, even if he didn't mean his words, it comforted her. Lydia loved it when she saw this hidden side of him, the gentle, loving, quiet Beetlejuice that only she knew about. He didn't try and act all tough and angry all the time. He was more laidback, and he was grateful for being able to be that person with her.

"I will always care about you, Lydia" he said quietly as he stared into her eyes deeply. He smiled at her, softly sighing happily. He loved her and though he knew she didn't feel quite the same, he knew she cared for him. That fact alone made his heart flutter with some form of hope. "Always have, always will."

And he was overjoyed that he could help her in any way,"Thank you." She repeated into his chest, her heart finally melting for him. She leaned back and smiled a tired smile. "This is why I need you, right here," she laughed lightly at herself. Riding the wave of affection, she said, "I'd ask you to snuggle with me, but, y'know, Dad."

He snickered lightly while rubbing his neck. "Yeah." he squeezed her hand before releasing it. "Get some rest."

Lydia kissed his cold cheek before retreating to her room. She hoped he didn't think she was running away or anything, cuz honestly, she needed some time to process everything going on between them and recharge from her day. 

CONTINUE:

She sighed as she shook her head, wishing she could just trust him already. At least they were talking now?

He smiled at her. "Ok," he laughed lightly before she felt. He leaned back into the couch and scratched his arm lightly. "Little things." He said to himself as he nodded. He smiled like an idiot as he sat there, running his hands through his hair as it tinted pink and green. He got up and walked into the kitchen, seeing Adam as he started on dinner. "Any way I could help, buddy?" He asked.

"Ummm," Adam scratched his head. He smiled wildly at the fact that Beetlejuice called him 'buddy'. Were they officially friends now?! He glanced to his wife,"Well, I've already got Barbra helping, buttt," his eyes lit up with an idea,"Oo! Oo! Chop this!" He shoved a cutting board with some broccoli on it and a knife,"We're making fettuccine Alfredo with some broccoli and shrimp and I've never made it before, but I think it'll be great!" He chuckled excitedly. He trotted over to the sink and pulled out the thawing shrimp. He poured about half the bag into a large saucepan and started cooking them. "Barbra's on sauce duty." He stated with a large grin.

Barbra giggled lightly as she stirred the sauce in her pot. "I'm excited." She said as she looked to Beetlejuice with a smile.

He smiled back. "Ooh, ok." He said, smiling as he sat down at the counter and picked up the knife as he began chopping up the broccoli. "It sounds good." He said happily as he did his task. "Not that I'll really be able to taste it, but hey." He said, shrugging his shoulders and chuckling lightly.

Adam waved him off,"Pfft, that's not the pointtt," he chuckled as he swirled the shrimp around in the pan,"It's for fun! It's to see them smile." He looked back and smiled as if to prove his point.

Beetlejuice nodded his head."Fun," he said with a laugh as he looked down at his task. "Um, yeah. Right, ok." He laughed lightly as he finished chopping. He sighed as he picked up the knife by the blade end and lightly spun it, catching it by the handle. He laughed lightly at his actions before doing it again.