It's all about Trust.

Lydia dabbed her eyes with the tissue before shrugging, "Nothing..." Guilt and shame kept her from really looking up to her best friend. She knew yelling at her father and Adam was uncalled for. She just.. gripped the ends of her hair. What was she supposed to do? What a hypocritical bitch she was today. "I had a fight with dad and Adam.." She sighed and released her poor, aching roots, "Yelled at em, because they accused you of going off on a murder spree or something like you used to." She bawled her hand into a fist and looked up, "Why can't they just trust you?"

Beetlejuice looked at her intently. Grief gripped his lukewarm heart. "I don't know. I understand what I did was not ok." he admitted, still scratching his arm. His eyes wandered to the ground, shaking his head. He shouldn't feel touched since she got in trouble for standing up for him.

"Y-yeah, but.."

"But...it's been like a year, and I haven't done anything. Heck," he poofed a glass of chocolate milk into his hand and shrugged, "I've had my powers back for the day. And I haven't done anything," he wrapped his free arm around her and squeezed before adding, "Well, anything bad that is," with a sip of his tasteless drink.

"Yeah." She melted into his gentle embrace and smiled at him lightly,"That's what I mean." She snickered a bit deliriously.

Her soft laugh brought his smile back. "Thank you for trusting me, Lydia."

She snickered some more, her cheeks tinting light pink at the softness of his words. "S-sure. You're my best friend, soo.." she traced the ring of his glass a couple of times then looked up, "Of course." She answered softly. His eyes caught hers and she couldn't look away. She never thought telling someone what she was feeling would help so much, or maybe it's just because she had told him. Beetlejuice's eye were so kind and cheery, but she knew the green hid so much more. Love filled his features, and leaked into his hair in the form of pink. He sighed happily and stared right back, admiring her eyes while waiting for her to catch herself. He smiled when she did and chuckled as she looked away with warm cheeks.

She cleared her throat and watched her feet kick back and forth. "Well, um..anyways, could I have some chocolate milk too?" He poofed her a glass and handed it to her with a smile. The memory of his confession replayed in her mind, sending her cheeks into a whole new depth of red. He started copying her as he drank his milk, not minding her quietness one bit.

"Th-thanks," Lydia said quietly. She stared into the glass as she thought, sipping it slowly. She now watched both of their feet, already feeling better. 

Beetlejuice smiled. "You're welcome," he took another sip then began his own staring contest with his cup. Were they just going to pretend like nothing had happened? Why did she even kiss him if she didn't like him? He wasn't sure if he could handle much more of this gutwrenching friendship.

She chuckled a bit and smirked into her glass. "This is pretty good chocolate milk." She said before taking a long sip. She couldn't stop thinking about earlier. Would it be so bad if she did? The truth was... she did like the kiss. Not only his lips on hers; but really that other feeling that hid beneath it again; that maybe nothing else mattered, that everything would be okay as long as they touched.

He looked back up and blushed lightly as he caught her glance again. "Thanks," he chuckled lightly. She was great, amazing; but every compliment from her, soft words, sly flirts, destroyed him. All it did was remind him of what he could never truly have -- her. He slowed down his legs as he looked at the ground in thought.

She smiled and nuzzled into his ribs. "Yeah, you're welcome."

"I guess I should go." He said sadly. Best friend just wasn't enough anymore, especially now that he for sure knew the truth, "I don't want to get you in more trouble," he said, smiling weakly at her.