I Didn't mean to--

Beetlejuice sat still on the floor, staring at the wall frozen in fear. 'She doesn't care about you. She's gonna leave you, hurt you. Just like your mom' he shuddered as he gripped his pants in his fists.

"It-it-it's ok." He said, taking a long shaky breath. "It's n-not you," he shook his head lightly, his shoulders relaxing a little. He gulped before taking a deep breath. "I-I forgive you," he said quietly."A-and I'm sorry t-to, I," he sighed and looked down at the floor as he gripped his sleeves in his hands. "I did mean it, Lydia. I just didn't mean to say it," he said as he stared at the ground, gripping his arms as he scratched them.

"Thank you."she said softly."It's okay," she shook her head and slowly stood up. He stiffened as she hesitantly walked over and sat down next to him. She copied him in holding her knees to her chest. She buried her head in her knees and sighed deeply. His look softened a little. "I'm so, so, sorry." She whispered. She had terrified him and she felt horrible. She never should've yelled at him. She should've just taken his lie and felt embarrassed. She hated how prideful she was sometimes.

He focused on taking slow deep breaths, attempting to calm himself down; despite the swarm of bad memories that clouded his mind."I-it's ok," he said quietly. He shook his head a few times. "You didn't--don't, know," he sighed deeply running his hands through his white and purple hair. "It's not you," he said as he looked over at her. "It's this guy," he said tapping his temple and sighing. "Boy does he hold onto my past," he said with a small laugh, shaking his head. "It's not your fault Lidz, it's mine."

"But, but," she choked up,"I-i yelled at you." She looked up with tears in her eyes. "Y-you looked terrified. I-i didn't mean to bring back old memories," she wiped her eyes and looked back down,"How is this your fault? I'm sorry. I've been such a bad girlfriend." She sighed, still feeling horrible.

He sighed deeply and shook his head. "I know. I was only scared cuz..cuz I was thinking of something else," he shrugged as he frowned,"I can't let go of my past." he stated blankly. He looked at her with concern, his eyebrows furrowing. "Hey, no no," he said, placing his hand on her shoulder and rubbing it gently. "You're a-amazing girlfriend, Lydia. I'm the one that overstepped." He said, shaking his head.

"I'm no good at this." She sniffled,"Y-You shouldn't keep me around...I-I'l l,I'll just d-drag you down with me." She wept into her legs.

He laughed a little. "You couldn't do that," he sighed and placed his finger under her chin, making her look at him. Lydia looked into his eyes with soft tears streaming down her face. "Don't blame yourself, ok?" he said, raising his eyebrows at her. "I don't care, even if you could drag me down." He shook his head. She nodded as he spoke. "I wouldn't care," he sighed before he gently pulled her into his arms hugging her gently. She wrapped her arms tightly around him and nuzzled her head in his chest. Beetlejuice was a little surprised, but he smiled as he rubbed her shoulder gently. Her tears weren't just from feeling guilty about him. It was a mix of a lot of things, but mostly self hatred. She hated herself for getting angry, for being a hypocrite, for, for being so weak. Despite this, for the first time since her mother died, she didn't feel alone. She had him. She didn't know for how long he'd stick around, but it comforted her to know he was here now. She wished she could tell him everything, but she knew that he'd just throw her away; like everyone else did. He looked down at her softly. "It's ok, I'm here," he spoke softly and gently "I won't leave you, I promise," he held her close. He cared too much about her to let her go now. He never wanted to let her go. He had meant what he said, he did in fact love her. He sighed as he held her and rubbed her back gently. "It's ok, don't bottle it up," he spoke soft and quiet, wanting her to know he was telling the truth.

"Th-thank you," she said quietly. The ghost let her cry and gently rubbed her back, knowing that she needed it.

"You're welcome," he said softly. She wept until she couldn't seem to anymore. He was cold at first but he almost warmed up as he held her. She finally wiped her tears and breathed deeply as she didn't make any effort to move off him. He took slow breaths as he held her. She felt exhausted and didn't want to let him go, feeling closer to him than she'd ever before. He took slow breaths as he held her. He loved this. He loved her hugs, her positive contact. She closed her eyes as she leaned against him and listened to the abnormally slow beating of his heart. It didn't take long for her to drift off then shortly begin snoring quietly. He sighed as he realized she'd fallen asleep; closing his own eyes as he focused on her weight on his chest, her hands gripping his jacket lightly. He looked down at her sweetly, not sure what to do. He ever so slowly placed an arm under her and on her back, moving her hands to around his neck. He slowly stood up, carrying her in his arms as she leaned on his shoulder. He walked over and laid her down in bed gently. He looked at her and brushed her hair behind her ear before bending down and kissing her on her forehead. He slowly turned off the lights before closing her door. He stood in the hallway for a second before slowing making his way downstairs, everyone making small talk as he came in.

Adam unconsciously let out a sigh of relief as Beetlejuice walked into the living room. It was getting pretty late and Charles had just announced that he was going to bed. He was glad that he didn't seem at the least bit anxious. He seemed calm and happy. "You look better," He chuckled, grinning wildly,"Barbra and I started getting super worried about you."

Beetlejuice smiled a bit at Adam as he sat down on the couch "Yeah, I'm ok," he said as he rested his legs on the coffee table. "Nawh, don't worry bout little old me," he said in a silly country accent, waving them off.

Charles yawned from his seat and slowly stood up. "Night everyone." He said drowsily, glancing around the room with Delia hanging onto his arm. He drowsily waved everyone goodbye as they walked.

BJ looked up at the couple. "Goodnight," he said before looking down at his hands and smiling a bit. He twiddled his thumbs. Charles waved again with one hand as he walked off down the hall towards their bedroom.

His friendly ghost roommate cleared his throat,"So, what had you in such a mood anyways??" Adam chuckled nervously,"We're dying to know." He said over Barbra's shoulder. She was sitting in his lap with his arms wrapped around her. She giggled lightly at his pun as she nodded in agreement.She looked pretty drowsy too, now that she knew everything was okay.

Beetlejuice looked up at the couple. "What do you mean?" He asked, worried. Neither of the things he had been worrying about were subjects he could talk about with them. His hair slowly turned a little bit yellow as he sat there, staring at the fellow ghosts.

Adam cocked his head at BJ's change in hair color."I mean, was it just the dark?" He asked innocently,"Cuz you stayed upset for a good while..." He made a stupid face while he was thinking. He glared at Adam.

"Yes, it was more than just dark, Adam" he said plainly. His eyes went wide at the ghost's second question.

"Was it something with Lydia? Did she reject you or something? I know you've had a crush on her, and she came in pretty upset too." Barbra giggled at the mention of Lydia. She looked back at her husband, smiling as she impatiently waited for Beetlejuice to answer.

"W-What no!" BJ exclaimed, shaking his head. "Why would you think I have a crush on her?! She's just a friend."

Adam chuckled. "Whatever you say." He said as he shook his head,"Because I'm not an idiot, Beetlejuice!" He frowned dramatically and looked lovingly at his wife before looking back to the ghost in front of him,"I may not have said anything, but don't think I haven't noticed you making googly eyes at her." He sighed though his grin had already returned,"I'm not as clueless as I seem."