It's all about Trust.

Comenzar desde el principio

At his words, the curve of her happy lips fell away. She sighed and glanced out her window. Of course he wanted to leave. She was okay now so why would he want to stay? They were just friends. She grimaced at the word. All they were doing was drinking chocolate milk.

"Oh. Okay." She said, her voice drenched in disappointment. She sat her glass in her lap and rubbed it with her thumb a moment while staring at it. "I guess you should." She said solemnly without looking at him. Was the truth that she wanted more too?

Her low, sorrowful tone caused another wave of concern to ripple through him. Beetlejuice watched her scowl return, "It's not like my dad can do anything anyways." She stated cooly.

He could hear it in her voice, her body language. He smiled, scooting up on her bed and leaning against the headboard himself. "Oh, captain what's that? Change in course? Copy that." He nodded, smirking lightly. Her disposition lighted a bit when she glanced at him. Maybe he wasn't leaving. "Captain says I gotta stay with you, little lady." His smile softened as he once again wrapped his arm around her. He could tell she was still upset. Leaving now would just kill them both. "What's wrong, Lidz?" He asked softly. He had always done his best to be there for her, and that wasn't gonna change just cuz they had some stuff going on.

"I just didn't want you to leave." She said softly, her cheeks betraying her as they tinted red. Why did she have to be so embarrassing? She drank her milk in an attempt to hide it.

He found himself staring. "I don't want to either," he said in a soft, dreamy tone. The warm red against porcelain white contrasted so nicely with her gothic dress. She was beautiful.

She cleared her throat. He took another sip of his milk, forcing his gaze to the glass.

"I-i don't want to be alone right now." She shrugged but looked up and smiled at him softly, "I know we're not doing anything interesting, so thanks for staying."

"Kay, I won't leave if you don't want me to. Anddd," he snickered and gave her shoulder a vigorous rub until she broke into laughter herself, "That's ok. Just hanging out with you is pretty much my favorite thing to do," he said, glancing up to her with a grin.

"Oh," she let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "It is?" She asked shyly, flattered by his sweet words,"H-Hanging out with me?" She laughed a bit and shook her head, elbowing him lightly, "I-I thought it was flirting with Adam."

He chuckled and pushed her lightly, shaking his head as well, "Nope, it's you," he said as he smiled at her. "I just flirt with Adam to mess with him," he laughed a bit. He watched her her try to hide her blush again. She was so cute. He blinked slowly, a small smile plastered on his face as his cheeks grew hot. He didn't want to look away.

"Oh," Lydia's full, black colored lips took an edge on one side. She met his gaze and scooted a bit closer. Her leg brushed up against his, sending both their hearts into a flurry. She laughed a bit upon taking notice of his bright pink hair. "Then, Then, why do you flirt with me?" She asked with curious brow raised, gently ruffling his hair.

The magenta of his crown only deepened in hue as he laughed and swatted her hand away. "You're messing it up!" he exclaimed, scrambling to fix it.

"Oh come onn," She whined, sipping her milk. He looked absolutely adorable right now. She loved his messy hair when it was this color. "I'm just making it betterrr." She cooed with lips curved into a meschievious smirk.

He played around with his hair for a min before giving up. He shook his head. He laughed nervously, not having forgotten her question. "Um, because, I um.. Y'know." He rubbed his arm a bit. Now she blushed. She knew very well.

"Oh, yeah.." She scoffed and shook her head, taking a deep breath in an attempt to rid herself of the butterflies in her stomach. "Sorry, st-stupid question," She breathed a sigh, hugging her arms over her chest. Lord this was awkward.

He nodded and continued to scratch his striped sleeve. Thank God he had magic to regenerate the fabric. For a bit she just listened. It was almost soothing -- the sound of his anxiety. He froze as she took his hand in hers. He gulped. The pink in his hair and his cheeks deepened. "Oh chill," she hushed their excited hearts with a huff, "I'm not doing anything." She insisted roughly, looking obstinately away,"It's just annoying."

His hand grew sweaty regardless. In a panic his eyes darted between their hands to her to his cup. "Y-yeah, I guess," He didn't know what to do. She gave him a sassy, unpleased look before letting go and crossing her arms.

As punishment for his rediculousness, she decided to stare. Despite the grimminess of his clothes, he looked very handsome to her; in a rugged sort of way. "You're hopeless." She mumbled, really speaking to her own blushing self.

The pink, flustered ghost broke into a stiff guffaw. She joined in, loosening the atmosphere. "You're the one not letting me leave." He countered with a devious smile.

She shrugged and leaned into him, "You're my best friend, Beetlejuice. I don't want things to change.." She tried to tell him gently.

It pained her to watch his hair shift to blue, the cheer from his expression wash from his face, the light in his eyes dim. "It's fine." He excused her using a low emotionless tone. She sighed before sipping the last of her milk. "Happy Friend-a-versery."

She stared at him ahead as she thought about everything that had happened today -- her boring day at school, scaring those kids, their kiss, their tense walk home, her fight over sed kiss, and now this.

Truthfully, she was at war with herself. Wasn't it time? Wasn't this why she fought so fiercely for him? She ran her hands through her hair to fix it then glanced at the window as she heard tiny childlike footsteps walking up to their front door. Adam's loud greeting cracked her up. Her eyes returned to the one still sitting next to her. Didn't he normally do the same?

"Beetlejuice," she called after what seemed like hours of silence. He looked back to her at the sound of her voice. As usual, simply hearing his name coming from her lifted his spirits from absolute darkness. She swallowed as she thought about what this would mean for her. She'd have to start letting someone in, him. It scared her. "I.. you..." she cleared her throat while he thoughtlessly tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "You're amazing," she breathed, her heart pounding like a big brass band. 

His head cocked curiously, "Thanks?" Was that all she wanted to say? Her eyes softened as he looked so confused. 

She threw herself into his side, hugging him tightly. She couldn't imagine the pain she'd feel when he left her like her mom did. "You're welcome??" he snickered lightly and pat her back. He couldn't figure where this sudden display of affection came from, but he'd take a hug from her anyday. She was so scared. How could she even bring this back up? She didn't want to be abandoned again, but how did she know that he would abandon her? He had consistently been there for her all year and it's not like he could die again, could he?

 After a few tedious, long breaths, she leaned back to look at him. He looked back, though still very confused. "I trust you." His brows furrowed. Hadn't she already said that today? "I-i mean.." her eyes flickered down to his lips.