twelve

Niall avoided Harry for the rest of the day. He knew what he was doing; he was shutting his best friend out and completely shutting himself down, just like he did last time. He didn't want to shut himself down again, but he couldn't help it.

"Niall, please," Harry begged again as Niall started walking through the doors of the school. "Please, don't shut me out. Just tell me what's wrong, I can help!"

"You can't help, Harry," Niall spat. "Please, just leave me alone."

Harry looked stunned as Niall stomped out of the school yard and down the road to his house.

-

Liam found himself staring at his phone yet again. They were recording songs today, and Liam had finished his time in the studio. While he waited for the other boys to finish, Liam spent his time watching his phone and texting niall.

please text me back. i want to see you. i need to explain myself. Liam sent quickly. At this point, he didn't care how desperate he seemed. He just wanted Niall to say something. He would rather the blonde call him to scream at him then the silence that seemed suffocating.

Once again, Niall didn't respond. Liam leaned over into the couch cusions and screamed. He screamed for every last problem he had; he screamed for how much he had screwed things over with Niall.

"Okay, so what's up with you?" Louis asked as he walked out of the booth. "You seem kinda miserable."

"I am miserable," Liam groaned. "I screwed things up with Niall."

"How?" Louis asked. he sat down on the couch and scooted closer to Liam. "You left at the time you were supposed to, and you made it over there. How exactly did you screw things up?"

"I don't know. I spent an hour and a half here, like I said I would. Next thing I knew I was three hours late and Niall had already paid for my ticket in. He just kinda shoved the ticket into my chest and left. I feel horrible, Lou."

"You should. That was a right asshole move," Louis said honestly. How exactly did you blow off three hours?" The smaller brunette's eyebrows were raised as he looked at Liam suspciously.

"Um, I kinda went to a pub," Liam whispered.

"You did what?!" Louis shouted. "How could you, before a date?"

"I thought just a drink would loosen me up. but then I got to talking with the bar tender, and before I knew it it was three hours later and I was late."

"You're an asshole." Louis muttered. "I'll help you get Niall back, though." Liam breathed a sigh of relief.

"You're the best, lou."

-

As soon as Niall got home, Maura locked him away in his room again. This time, though, she handed him a bowl of soggy cereal as he was shoved into his room.

Tears escaped his eyes again as he heard the lock flip. This was one of the times that Niall just desperately wanted someone to cuddle him; he wanted someone to tell him everything would be okay. Silently, Niall cried into his cereal.

He wanted Liam. He wanted Liam so badly, but he didn't want to admit it. Liam had hurt him so badly. Niall didn't want to forgive him so easily.

Niall placed the bowl of cereal down on his dresser and continued sobbing. He sobbed for everything, just as he had for the past three days. Was it so much to ask for someone to care about him? All Niall really had was Harry, who was probably getting incredibly tired of his shit and would drop Niall any day now.

Niall cried for Harry, too.

He shoved his head back down into his pillow and sobbed loudly. Niall fell asleep like that.

-

Liam really dind't have a plan. He didn't know where Niall lived, he didn't know anything about the boy. All he knew that his name was Niall and that the blonde has sad most of the time.

So Liam wasn't exactly sure how he could possibly find Niall. The blonde wasn't answering his phone. Liam was now driving his way out of London and trying to call Niall. He hoped the boy might answer his phone eventually.

"Hey, Niall," Liam greeted as he ran into Niall's voicemail once again. "It's Liam again. Can you tell me where you live, or if you can at least meet me somewhere? I want to talk to you, please. I really need to explain what happened. I'm really want to make it up to you." Sighing heavily, Liam ended the call.

He continued to drive out into the suburbs of London. He knew that Niall lived at least an hour out of the city, so that's where he drove. Liam wished things could have been at bit easier.

Liam picked up his phone from the seat beside him once again and dialed Niall's number. (Somehow, he had memorized it.) This time, though, something shocking happened.

"H-Hello?" A small voice whispered from the phone.

"Niall?" Liam whispered back.

"Why did you call me, Liam?" Niall's voice was soft, and it was like music to Liam's ears.

"I just... I'm about an hour out of London and I want to see you. Can you give me directions to your house or somewhere you can meet me?" Liam begged. All he wanted was to see Niall.

Niall made a small noise into the phone and whispered his address softly.

"I know where that is," Liam answered in the same tone. "I'll be there in like ten minutes, okay?"

In the ten minutes, Liam found out that it was a park. The sun was going down behind the trees, and Liam spotted Niall sitting on a swing set.

"Hey, Liam," Niall greeted softly.

"Hi, Niall." Liam walked over and sat down on the swing beside him. "I'm really sorry."

"It's over and done with now." Niall didn't look up as he spoke.

"I'm still sorry. God, I was such an asshole, Niall. I can't really expect you to forgive me so easily." Liam scrubbed at his cold cheeks, trying to warm them up.

"Doesn't matter." Niall shrugged.

"It should."

"It doesn't because I love you, okay?" Niall whispered.

•-•

so wow

this took so long i'm sorry

and this chapter is pretty shit :(

mmkay

well um

comment???

my dog ran away friday night and hasnt come back :(

i'm sad

okay baiiii

1087 words

17.1.15