Chapter 24 [TLSW]

Start from the beginning

The next thing I knew, I was gasping for air in the hospital bed. Jace's face, which had been buried in my stomach, had shot up. His eyes were all red and puffy. No doubt, he'd been crying. He looked at me in utter shock. I just flung myself at him.

My arms wound around his neck and he held me tightly. We were both crying, but I didn't care. I was back with my mate. Where I belonged. Every moment that passed, I held him tighter until we couldn't breath.

He pulled back and looked at me. "Dani?"

I smiled and nodded, my eyes still wet. "Yeah, it's me," I told him.

"But how? How are alive?" he asked in disbelief.

"Jace," I murmured as I touched his face. "I'll explain to you later, but I need you to do something for me," I said.

"Anything," he promised me.

"Kiss me," I said.

Jace smiled at me and took my face in his hands. I kissed him with everything I had, as did he. There was hunger and desperation in the kiss. The taste of him and the feel of his lips on mine was something I thought I'd never get to experience ever again. Now that I did, I didn't want to stop, ever.

But when we broke apart, his forehead rested on mine. "I thought I lost you," he said quietly.

I shook my head. "Never, Jace," I told him. "I love you more than anything."

"You're my whole world, Dani," he said.

Later that day, I'd been given the okay to move around. I knew I would considering I was now immortal, as was Jace, but that was what I was going to tell him that now. We were at his mother's house and sitting in the living room.

Her name was Evelyn. She was a wonderful woman. The way she welcomed me like I was her own daughter, was something words couldn't describe. She was the mother I'd always wanted.

I looked at Jace and began to tell him what had happened. "I made a deal to come back," I said.

He gave me a look that said he didn't understand. "What?"

"Remember how I told you the Pawnee Native American tribe had this Spirit Wolf? Well, it's true. I met it. And I made a deal with it. It said that it didn't have any power over who died because of the rouges. It wants me to eliminate them all."

"Absolutely not," Jace said. "I'm not letting you get hurt. Dani, why did you say that you'd do this."

"Two reasons," I said. "We're immortal now, Jace. The Spirit Wolf made us immortal so we would be able to destroy the rouges. We can't die, but we do have a time limit. If we don't kill forty-seven rouges in five years, then I die again and you stay immortal."

"So you two can't ever be together," his mother said.

I nodded. "Yeah, but we can do it, Jace. We can kill them all in five years, and then we get our lives back. It's not all bad." I pleaded. If he wouldn't help me, then things wouldn't end nicely. Either way, I'd do it with or without his help.

"Why'd you do this Dani?" he asked.

"Because I love you and couldn't be without you," I told him. "We can do it, Jace. We just need to have confidence. Please, just do it. The deal's done. If you help me, things can go back to normal. Just help me."

He sighed and nodded. "Okay, but how will we find them all?"

"There's a Pawnee descendant up near the Canadian border that will help us."

"You really think we can do this?" Jace asked me.

"I wouldn't have made the deal if I thought we'd fail," I said.

Later that night, I was at Jace's mother's piano. It was beautiful. The were both sitting beside me and I started to play softly. It was a Taylor Swift song, that I thought was somewhat suitable. I sang softly along with what I played.

I've never gone with the wind.
Just let it flow.
Let it take me where it wants to go.
Till' you open the door.
There's so much more.
I've never seen it before.

I was trying to fly.
But I couldn't find my wings.
You came along.
And you changed everything.

You lift my feet off the ground.
You spin me around.
You make me crazier, crazier.
Feels like I'm falling and I.
I'm lost in your eyes.
You make me crazier.
Crazier, crazier.

I watched from a distance as you.
Made life your own.
Every sky was your own kind of blue.
And I wanted to know.
How that would feel...
And you made it so real.

You showed me something that I couldn't see.
You opened my eyes and you made me believe.

You lift my feet off the ground.
Spin me around.
You make me crazier, crazier.
Feels like I'm falling and I.
I'm lost in your eyes.
You make me crazier.
Crazier, crazier, oh.

Baby, you showed me what living is for.
I don't want to hide anymore.

You lift my feet off the ground,oh oh.
You spin me around.
You make me crazier, crazier.
Feels like I'm falling and I.
I'm lost in your eyes.
You make me crazier.
Crazier, crazier.
Crazier, crazier.

Jace buried his face in my neck and his mom praised me. "That was amazing, Dani," she said. "Thank you. I'll go get us some coffee." I nodded and thanked her as I walked out of the room.

"You're amazing," Jace whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry," I said.

He knew what I meant. "Don't be Dani," he said. "I would've done the same thing. "I mean life's about taking risks, right?"

I nodded. "I love you, Jace Colton Broderick," I said.

"As I love you, Danielle Nichole Cameron."

We kissed then. Letting into all our senses. Forgetting what we had to do. For now, we could be together. Soon, we would start on our mission, but for now, we were happy in each other's arms. For now, we were safe. That's what I had to live for now.

____________________________________

January 23, 2011 (12:45 pm)

Wow and that's the end. You still hate me? Well don't. There's a sequel and then maybe a third... I don't know. But make sure you look for Dani and Jace in the second story....

The Lone She-Wolf: The Spirit Wolf's Quest

It should be good. I don't really know yet. I haven't worked out all of the details. Just the basic plot. It was nice writing this story. TTFN!