Chapter 24 [TLSW]

Start from the beginning

"Still, why did you let me die?"

The Spirit Wolf sighed. "Even I don't have the power to stop a rabid rouge's venom."

Tears spilled over my eyes. "What am I supposed to do?" I asked desperately.

"This is where I will take action, my dear," it told me. "I have a proposition for you."

It was going to offer me a deal? I would do anything to be alive again. Jace and I weren't ready to be separated. We needed each other now more than ever. The rest of my family, too. "I will do anything to be back," I said.

A smile spread across the Spirit Wolf's face. "I was hoping you'd say that. Come on, walk with me." It walked off and I ran to catch up with it, almost tripping over a tree root in the process. We walked along the autumn forest. Leaves were different shades of reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. They sprinkled the trees and were spread out over the ground. Then, the Spirit Wolf explained what I had to do.

"You see, Danielle, I don't like the rouges or the stalkers. They are causing trouble among the werewolves. I don't like it. I need them gone and I need you to do it."

Me? I was shocked. "Wait, but if they bit me, I'd just die again. I mean why don't you have one of your more direct descendants do it. They'd be better at it."

The Spirit Wolf looked at me. "Hear me out, Miss Cameron. You are special. I didn't choose just anyone to have the gene of being a werewolf. I gave you the power because I knew you could do it.

"Now, about returning to your mate, I want the both of you to eliminate all of the rouges. There are forty-seven of them. If you eliminate them all, you can have your life back."

"Why don't you just kill them?" I asked.

It looked at me like I was insane. "Because I don't have power over who dies and when. I need you to kill them all. Of course, I won't let you die again until it is your time. I will give you and your mate immortality in order to do this job."

"Are you serious?" I asked. "You want Jace and I to kill them all?"

"Yes," the Spirit wolf said. "But there is a consequence if you don't do your job. You must kill all forty-seven of them in the span of five years. And I will make sure there no more wolves to go rouge. But listen to me, Danielle. If you don't do this within five years, your will die again. This time there won't be any way to come back. And I will make it so your mate can never die. You two will be separated forever. He will live a life on misery forever. Do not procrastinate."

Now, I was scared. If we couldn't kill them all things would be worse than before. Jace would be in pain forever and it would be my fault. Then again, if I did do this, we'd be able to be together and live the lives we wanted. We'd be together. I hate decisions, but I had to make one.

Either take the deal, or stay in the spirit world, where Jace would soon join me. I couldn't let him died though.

"How will we find them all?" I asked.

The Spirit Wolf smiled. "One of my descendants has a sort of power that might be able to help you. She will give you the locations of the rouges and stalkers. She lives with the others and has 'the vision'."

"So, she's a physcic and will help us?" I asked. The Spirit Wolf nodded.

"All right, I accept," I told the Spirit Wolf. It smiled at me. Then in the blink of an eye, it turned on me. Grabbing my arm in it's jaws, and then everything went black, again.