13

''I might hit you back when I'm free and that's never.'' - Nines

Today I affirm:
To stand deeply rooted in love, always.

2 weeks prior to the incident

Travis gazed up at the red light, the light beamed down on the hood of his car making him consider changing the color of his car. He scanned the road, there was no life around here. No one was walking down the road, no cars or animals. He kissed his teeth at the red light that didn't switch green for another minute.

As he approached her apartment complex, he was lucky to find a parking spot this late. He stepped out of his car. His heart skipped a beat and he suddenly felt anxious. Travis was never ever anxious. He didn't understand why this girl made him feel this way. It wasn't right.

He walked through the lobby like he lived in the complex, the rather fancy lobby. Travis took the stairs to give himself time. He was so vulnerable tonight. It would break him if she slammed the door in his face and if she did he would understand cause he doesn't deserve a second chance. Even though she wasn't the one that got hurt that night.

When Travis reached her floor he took a deep breath, he knocked on her door and awaited response. She answered the door quicker than he expected. She was shocked to see him. Her eyes grew wide.

"Travis?" She managed to breathe out. "What are you doing here?"

He didn't answer her question but gave her a look. She opened the door and welcomed him inside to his surprise.

He stepped in and took his white Balenciaga speed runners off. He was dressed in a grey Nike tech tracksuit along with white Adidas socks. If she wasn't mad she would've laughed at him. He wore his chains loosely around his neck like usual. On his wrist was a Rolex. A blue one.

His eyes scanned Sabrina's figure. She looked like she had just gotten home and only managed to change into her essential sweat pants and a white top. He could tell she was still wearing her bra because her boobs were more round than usual.

She still had her makeup on and her hair was slicked back.

"You look beautiful." He commented.

Her lower lip quivered, her eyes were puffy and red from earlier. She was on the brink of crying again. She puckered up her mouth in an effort to stop the tears but it was useless. They flowed down her dirt streaked cheeks. She lightly tapped her palm in her cheeks. She didn't wanna ruin her makeup.

Travis pulled her into him and held her close.

"I'm sorry," he offered. Not sure what he was sorry about but he was sorry for how things went down.

"It's ok," she replied as she pulled away from him. "Make yourself at home." She said and walked into the bathroom. She quickly fixed her makeup again and sprayed fix+ on her face.

Her phone started ringing. She looked down, the caller id read 'KD💙'

She kissed her teeth and let the phone ring. She walked out of the bathroom and into her room.

She walked back into the living room and saw Travis on the couch. She sat down by his feet and showed him the small puppy with a small shy smile. It was a small chow chow that KD had gotten her as an apology.

Travis was a very serious person; he rarely cracked a smile but it was different with Sabrina. With her he smiled and laughed genuinely. As much as he didn't wanna admit it. He was happy with her. She was his peace and that's what he was searching tonight.