.《 24 》

i drove my car along the edges of the sidewalk admiring the building that i was about to enter. the sun refracted the windows, making it seem as if the whole building glistened.

i turned off my radio & and removed my keys from the ignition. as, I continued to stare at the bulding in a awe I lathered on some rose balm lotion along my fingers and wrists. i gluped down and bit my lip. i checked the mirror and applied a small amount of lipgloss repeating affirmations to myself.

' i can do this '

' i will succed '

' life will be okay '

' everything will be alright '

i thought to myself, calming my nerves. i grabbed my clutch and slammed my car door. my heels hit the pavement as i confidently walked through the big double doors. several people turned my way and didn't say anything but stare. i felt uncomfotable but i payed no mind to it and just got right to business.

' hi, i'm a traniee for madam le'faye's fashion desgin. '

' hi ma'am, yes we've recived word. it's the 11th floor. ' she handed me a card, and i gladly took it, politely smiling. i nodded a thank you to her and made my way to the elevators. there were a big group of people infront of one elevator doors so i made my way to an isolated corner. i stood infront of an elevator door, that only had a few people waiting for it. i tried to secretly look around and peep my surroudings. i noticed that i was the only black women in sight. really the only black person in general. i cleared my throat and stepped in the elevator as the doors slid open.

' which floor ma'am '

i looked around perplexed as to who asked me. there was a door man dressed neatly standing right next to the buttons.

' 11 '' i stuttered.

all this luxury was a little new to me. it was nice, but i would need to adjust. amriah's used to it. maybe i should ask her. i thought.

' wait, amirah. ' i pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts.

' delivered '

' hm thats weird. ' i thought.

i curled up my lips and pressed the call icon.

a bell signled me that i had arrived at my desginated floor. i smiled at the doorman and stepped out.

' brr, brr, brr. please leave a message after the tone. ' i scrunched up my face and looked at the phone.

' wtf ' i thought.

i slid my phone back in my clutch hearing fierce heels clicking on the floor as well as a prudence voice echoing through the halls.

i cleared my throat & tried to fix my blouse with the use of my reflection on the elevator door.

' & i do not expect to see marcus there. '

i turned around. there was a white lady with vibrant red hair that was neatly pinned in an updo. she wore a deep purple pencil skirt, with a white top & a purple jacket. she was the loudest one in the halls & people seemed to bow to her.

' must be madam le'faye. ' i thought. i silently walked towards the main office, my thoughts swarming a big knot in my brain.

' oh & that model from france. give johonis her contact information. i'd be damned if i were to ever receive word she's found distaste with us. '

madam le'faye & her assistant zoomed straight pass me leaving behind a scent of expensive bolivian perfume & " outside " .

i went into the office after them only to get stopped by a indian women with a tight bun at the back of her & a dull grey fitted suit on.