Chapter 4

"Ow!ow!ow!" I howl out in pain making a few heads turn our way shooting us judging looks.

"Relax just one more." He softly says impaling the needle into my skin once again.

He finishes up by making a knot and securing the stitch. He then takes the gauze and places it above the stitched wound and seals it with adhesive tape.

"All done..Sanitized,Stitched and Covered. You're good." He announces making me let out a breath i didn't  realize I was holding.

"Thanks." I whisper.

He only stays silent packing up everything he used.

"Where did you learn to do that?" I ask but all of a sudden his face drops as if my question had such an impact.

"None of your business." He shrugs shutting me up. I stay silent for a moment before speaking up again.

"So Mysterious Man that just helped me treat my wound...Do you mind telling me your name?" He sighs rolling his eyes.

"I'm Leila and you are?" I hold my hand out.

He huffs in defeat before connecting his hand with mine.

"Harry" he introduces.

"So Harry..why were you at the cemetery late at night?" I try to make conversation.

"Again, None of your business." He shrugs off.

"Are you kidding me?" I crease my brows.

"What are you even trying to do here? Befriend me? Cause it's not gonna happen." He rolls his eyes making my blood boil.

"You know what? Fuck off.." I push myself up to stand and walk away.

"GLADLY!" He screams from behind me.

I cross the road hurriedly when all of a sudden a speeding car came towards me blowing their horn. I was stood frozen my eyes widening when out of nowhere a body crashes onto mine pushing me into the pavement, avoiding a gruesome death for me.

My eyes were pinched shut and my whole body was shaking out of fear. I feel a heavy weight rest on top of me and it limited my breathing.

I gradually fling my eyes open only to be met with a pair of green ones. This time his eyes were more visible and it was clear to me that his eyes were more of seafoam green rather than emerald. I was catching my breath and so was he, my chest rising up and down in a brisk motion as our eyes never left each other's gaze.

"Excuse me, are you two alright? Were you hurt?" An older lady speaks with a sweet and calming voice.

We both break our stares and pick ourselves off the ground.

"We're fine, thank you" I say brushing off the dirt from my clothes.

The lady then turns to Harry and he assures her that he was fine. And with that, She nods her head before going upon her night.

"What'd you do that for?" I turn to Harry who had an offended look plastered on his face.

"Really, That's what you choose to say?" He snaps, "How about 'Thanks for saving my life Harry' 'I owe you one' Not even that?"

"Well you didn't have to, so why did you."

"How can you even ask that, Leila? Maybe because I'm a human being?" He rhetorically says.

For some reason this made me more angry than it should have and I explode.

"Can you blame me for doubting your concern? Why would you care about a poor girl like me. I mean come on,you guys literally left us out there to die? You say you're human but I see you as nothing but a monster!" I bark not even thinking about how stupid I was to direct my fury at him.