•09•

"Hey I'm home" I said out loud as I dropped my bag and shoes by the front door and tossed my keys on the table by the entrance. I walked into the kitchen and took a water from the fridge, stupid me forgot a water bottle so I was in desperate need of water after my workout. I tossed the cap in the trash on my way before I started walking up the steps to my room. I stretched before I opened my bedroom door and the sight before me caused the water bottle to drop from my hand and flood the area I was standing in with water. "Woah woah woah CJ" I said as my eyes skimmed the room and landed on the bed. "Wait a second, just hold on. Your not about to do what I think your gonna do right" I asked him and he smiled a little and I gulped. "CJ" I said softly and I stepped out of the puddle of cold water that I was still standing in and I stepped onto the carpet to dry my feet off.

"Damian Lillard" he started and I cut him off before he could start and then unknowingly guilt me into agreeing to something I didn't want to agree to.

"No, I... I can't" I said "I've only been here a few years and we haven't been together that long, I mean I've been friends with you for more time than I've dated you and I'd like that number to be switched first." I said. "The flowers and the roses and all of this is so nice, and I hope that this is what you give me again because I'll actually enjoy it the next time, but right now I can't say yes. Not right now and not like this." I said. "Nothing against you" I added, worried that I had made him worry about our relationship. "I love you and you love me, I just don't know if I'm quite ready for this step in life yet. Not saying I will never be, just saying to give it another year. I enjoy dating you CJ, I love living our lives together and I want to live mine with you for the rest of my life, I just don't know if the moment to seal that is now."

"Oh" he said softly and I sighed and looked around trying to find something to make a joke of. I couldn't find anything though, it was so well laid out that there was nothing I could immediately spot to point out. "Well what do you wanna do with this" he asked me softly.

"Well you know something you can do with roses" I said and he raised his eyebrows and I smiled. "You can go waste money on milk and then fill the bath with milk and water and do one of those gross ugly milk bath photo shoots with it." I suggested jokingly and he rolled his eyes slightly and I laughed. "But I was thinking that something me and you might wanna do is let me make a nice Valentine's Day dinner, dressed however you want me to be" I said with a wink and I could tell I had flustered him by the way he looked down slightly and turned his foot facing outwards out of nervous habit. "Then I could make a nice warm bath, put the roses in it cause that makes it more romantic" I added and he chuckled softly. "Then after we eat we could spend a long time sitting with each other and just being in each other's presence, in the bath that took me hours to make" I said sarcastically and he shook his head softly in response. "Then maybe after that, and after watching you get out with water dripping down your perfectly sculpted body and watching you dry off, we could do something a little special." I suggested before biting my lip softly at the idea of him naked and wet.

"All that sounds really good" he said and he cleared the space between us in two steps towards me. "But I think it would be even better going in a reverse order." He said said and I smirked slightly.

"Really" I questioned and he nodded. "Mmm well you are the one who just proposed to me and I said no, so I guess we can do it in any order that you want." I muttered before I fully closed the space between us and pressed my lips against his.

"You know" he said softly against my lips and I nodded to let him know to keep talking. "You make me so mad somethimes" he said and I laughed quietly. "You annoy me and you sometimes hurt me yet I still love you" he said and I smiled.