Chapter 13

Kenmas PoV
(After the confessions)
I was really nervous while we waited for Shouyos mother to come home. I hope she'll accept my offer, if she won't I'll just try and convince her that Shouyo can't stay at Karasuno High. But how am I supposed to do that without mentioning the beatings. We sat there in silence for a few more minutes and heard the door open. Shouyo quickly stood up and a little girl, which looked exactly the same as Sho, jumped on him. His mother also came into view and greeted us both. I immediately asked her if I could have a talk with her, that it's really important and it couldn't wait till tomorrow or some other day. She nodded and told me to follow her so we could have some privacy. I looked at Shouyo and he whispered to me: „Tell her everything...it's better this way." I nodded, gave him a confronting smile and followed his mother.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to Mrs. Hinata. She was currently sitting on the double sized bed and was staring at the floor.

„Please tell me you know something about Shouyos weird behavior" she looked up from the floor and right into my eyes.

My eyes widened at her question. She noticed Shouyos behavior..? But why didn't she mention it?

I guess my expression told her that I'm confused.

„I noticed that his smile wasn't as bright as it was before. I decided not to ask him because I thought it was just a silly fight with his friends or something. But his bright, usually happy smile never returned and now I'm really worried." I barley heard her. I should really tell her about everything. I can't and won't  consider the answer ‚no'.

„Well...I'll make this quick. I don't know everything myself but I think I know a big part of what's going on. He's being bullied by the 1st and 2nd years at his volleyball team. He's being called names by others from his school, he has no friends at Karasuno High and the 3rd years tell him that they care but it doesn't really seem like they do. They also beat him up almost everyday behind the gym at lunch break. I also have a bit more to tell you but I'll let you process the given information. I, myself needed a bit longer to really understand what he's going through."

I was met by silence. I wasn't really expecting an answer right away, like I said I needed time myself to process what he has told me when he did. I just hope Mrs Hinata won't take too long to understand, I really want to tell her about my idea of transferring to my school and moving in with me. I'm not really sure if she'll say yes, she barely even knows me. I wouldn't be surprised if she were at least a bit sceptical.

After what felt like 5 hours, Mrs Hinata looked up with tears in her eyes and her jaw dropped open. She stared at me in disbelief. I guess she didn't think it would be that bad.

„M-my b-b-baby S-shouyo is being b-bullied..?" I just nodded, not wanting to interrupt her, probably still processing the news.

„What am I supposed to do? He can't go there any longer, I don't want him to go to hell everyday for 6 hours straight!" she practically screamed. I didn't know what to do and just faked a cough to get her attention. It worked and she looked up at me again. She looked so helpless right now. Tears streaming down her face, her eyes were puffed and red from crying.

„Mrs Hinata, if you would give your permission, I would like to transfer Shouyo to Nekoma Highschool. It's my school and we also have a volleyball club I personally attend. Nekoma High is located in Tokyo but I would've no problem with Shouyo living with me. In fact I would be really happy because I live alone and wouldn't be so lonely anymore. My mother transfers me money every month, so I can finance my life and she also pays the bills for the apartment I currently live in. There is a bedroom, one guestroom , a livingroom, a kitchen and a bathroom. If Shouyo would really move in he could live in the guestroom. I can understand if it's all too much right now but I really want to help Shouyo out, a sunshine like him is supposed to lighten up a room if he walks in, not make it darker. If you like, you could come over with Shouyo and your daughter and look at the apartment and the school. I'll also give you more information about Nekoma High or could just give you the name of our internet website if that's easier for you. I'll contact the principal of my school tomorrow if you allow the transfer and was hoping you could contact the principal of Karasuno High. If you want me to, I can ask my principal to move me to the 1st years so I could help Shouyo through the day a bit more." I stopped myself from talking more, realizing how much I actually said just now. I rarely speak up but look at me now. I was talking for 5 minutes straight.

„Thank you Kozume, I would love Shouyo to transfer to Nekoma High but I want to see your apartment first. I would also like to speak to your mother and ask for her permission even if she doesn't live with you, she should be aware of the fact that you live with another person in the apartment she's paying. I'll talk to the principal tomorrow and also come to Tokyo with Shouyo and Natsu to look at the apartment. I would like to do everything tomorrow rather than do little steps and do one thing at one day."

I sighed out of relief and gave her a slight smile. I'm really happy that she accepted. Shouyo will finally be away from hell.

„I would like to tell you how I planned everything, I know I'm just a 2nd year and I'm not really responsible enough to plan something as big as a transfer and moving but I  really want to help Shouyo to escape his hell of a school." she gave me a small nod as sign for me to continue. „I was thinking that Shouyo should go to Karasuno High one last time tomorrow to tell his Coach and Class that he's going to leave Karasuno High. I think he should also be with you when you're speaking to the principal and Natsu should stay at home. It would be too much for her and she would just keep whining about wanting to go home. As for the moving, we'll be at my apartment tomorrow and I'll make sure to tell my mother that you want to speak to her tomorrow around 6 pm. If that's all planned out you'll be packing your sons stuff over the week and you'll have to drive him to Tokyo on Friday evening. I'll be home at 4 pm with a friend of mine to help us unpack a bit and the rest we'll unpack by ourselves. I promise you that we'll call once a month and tell you how we are and how school goes. I'll make sure that Shouyo won't lie to you. And I think that's it."

I looked at Mrs Hinata, expecting an answer but instead I'm being pulled into a hug. I freeze , not expecting a hug from Shouyos mother but understood very quickly why she did it when she whispered in my ear that she's very thankful for Shouyo to have a friend like me, that looks out after him and worries about his emotinal and physical state.

As I was about to walk out of the room to go to Shouyo and explain everything. Mrs Hinata once again thanked me for being there for her son.