It was a bit annoying that they couldn't just kill everyone with one big blow. Bickslow and Roscoe were needed alive, or at least alive enough so Yuidose could fulfill his plans and Humphrey was still so enthralled by Freed, he did not let Moritz to just bury everything in his quartz.

Moritz glanced towards Evergreen and others and with a swift movement he swished his spear. Quartz crashed up like a line of spikes and Bickslow, Evergreen and Roscoe quickly dodged. Evergreen gritted her teeth and sent a bunch of bright little fairies towards the beast man who was trying to circle them, running towards the ship.

Roscoe looked around. He needed something, anything at all so he could fight too. He had no spear or sword, his only option was...

"There", he said and ran away from Bickslow who was confused.

"Where are you going, baby?" he asked surprised.

"Uncle's weird!" 'babies' said.

"Stop Moritz!" Roscoe just ordered as he kept running.

Freed was looking at the sky, keeping his Jutsu Shiki to guard the ship. Sailors were scared and had no idea what to do, if there even was anything they could do. Freed was glad they weren't trying to get rid of him, at least they understood who were on their side.

He lowered his gaze from the clouds that were hiding Laxus and Humphrey and he noticed Moritz. The man was heading towards the ship, dodging Bickslow and Evergreen. Freed huffed and he frowned, not letting the walls drop. He had heard Moritz had a mission to kill Laxus so it was easy to predict his plan. By killing the dragon slayer's mate it was definite they would attack and wouldn't stop before they had slayed their enemy. Or gotten killed themselves.

Freed muttered something and the runes flashed, getting more sturdy. He would keep Moritz outside and guard this ship and himself. If it was only him, he wouldn't hesitate to join others in the fight but it wasn't an option now.

Bombs blasted and quartz was shattered by yellow magic as Bickslow and Evergreen cut Moritz's path. The brown haired man lifted his spear and more quartz appeared, trying to block Bickslow and Evergreen while allowing him a direct path towards the ship. Freed frowned and he got ready to call Valdeghar or someone out.

Roscoe grunted as he finally stopped. He looked at the quartz under his feet and wondered if his idea might work. He had no idea if that quartz could block magic.

He got down on one knee, muttering and touching the purple surface. The quartz was so delicate looking yet he knew it was sturdy and hard to break. This amethyst was clearly meant to build something like the spear Moritz was carrying or creating a huge raft to keep their ship from moving.

"Come on", Roscoe growled as his magic seal grew bigger and bigger. "Come on!" he said. This wasn't enough, he needed it even bigger!

Bickslow noticed Roscoe and how he was doing something. He had no idea what was happening, but he was sure his older brother must have some sort of a plan.

"Ever", he said and the fairy mage looked over.

"Let's just keep Moritz busy", Evergreen nodded and they flew towards the beast man.

Roscoe snarled and he felt how the quartz was in a way. If he couldn't break it, this was all for nothing. He let out more magic, strengthened power and saw how scales flashed under the quartz.

"Rise up!" Roscoe roared his command and the purple surface cracked.

Chunks of amethyst were tossed away as the massive sea serpent dashed out from the water. They heard splashing, crackling and other sounds made by the destruction the serpent made when appearing, but the monster itself remained silent. It had been dead for some time already and some of its flesh dropped on the quartz as it was waiting for orders.

"It worked", Roscoe smirked while panting. "Now then my friend, we shall join the battle", he nodded to the corpse of a sea monster, who silently followed after Roscoe towards the ship.

Felix was carrying a bag following after Roxanne and Makarov. Chester was walking beside him and they were just coming back from grocery shopping.

"Can we invite Vellanja too?" Felix asked. "We have lots of food."

"Sure, Sugarcube", Roxanne chuckled. "You should invite Gajeel and Levy too."

"I wonder if they're too busy", Chester said. "Isn't Gajeel patrolling around Magnolia all the time?"

"He stays in Magnolia", Makarov assured. "There's nothing to worry about."

"I didn't say I was worried..."

"We can defend this town, I'm sure of it", Felix smiled. "And Natsu and others will come back soon and I'm sure mama and dad will come back home soon too, right?"

"Let's hope so", Makarov nodded.

Felix opened his mouth to say something when he stopped.

"Huh?" he said confused.

"What is it?" Makarov asked as they stopped too.

"Something smells funny", Felix said. "It's almost like... Bickslow", he said and Makarov's eyes widened.

The old man dropped his bag and just in time he managed to grab Felix and Chester when a figure appeared right behind them. They saw a wide grin and wild blue and black hair. Almost white eyes looked at them and white pair of scissors as long as the man itself were hold up.

"Yuidose", Makarov said angrily. How he dared set his foot in Magnolia?!

Yuidose's figure faded like shadows and they heard low laughing. Suddenly it got dark and they looked up, just to see white magic seal on top of Magnolia. Something was created, something black and it looked like it was alive yet it didn't move away from the seal.

"We have to warn everyone", Roxanne said. "That thing won't definitely mean anything good."

"Don't let go", Makarov warned Felix and Chester, pulling them along with them.