Gunita: One Shot Series, Friday

The characters of this particular one shot series are part of my finished social media serye on twitter: Gunita. If you haven't read it yet, give it a read before you proceed for better understanding of the one shot entry. Or if you don't want to, you can skip these chapters and wait for my other one shot entries. Or if you just want to give it a read even if you haven't read the serye, give it a go. And if you have read the serye—Amihan and Alon are happy to have shared their reunion with you, but now it's time to have a glimpse of how they ended.

Context

Amihan and Alon are two young lovers seemingly to have hit the end of their journey together. Amihan isn't sure who she is outside of the world they have built together and she owes it to herself to find out who she is without Alon beside her. But Alon is begging for another week. A last week before they eventually release each other... forever.

Last Week

Friday

Amihan was getting ready because she and Alon agreed to go to church today and maybe have a little date somewhere outside of their town. Alon said he wanted to feel he was on a date with her again, in a small little restaurant, the light a little low with soft music without a care for the world—just them.

Since they lived together, they stopped going out and it's just one of the few things they stopped doing. They got too comfortable, too much for the other to bear. Naiisip niya ngayon, hindi magandang ikulong ang mga sarili sa isa't isa na tila ba'y hindi na sila makakahinga kung hindi sila magkasama. They made each other their worlds and that wasn't okay.

Nalunod sila sa mismong pagmamahalan na parehas nilang pinangako na siyang sasagip sa'kanila.

Amihan put a little make up on and tied her hair in a braid. Amihan wore her white dress with the little sunflowers on it—Alon always loved this dress. After she was done, Amihan felt... young. And fuck, hindi niya dapat nararamdaman 'to sa mga pili lamang na sandali dahil bata pa siya. Bata pa siya.

She shook her head. Today should be a happy day. Sa mga nakalipas na araw, wala silang ginawa ni Alon kung hindi ang umiyak. She'll try her best to make this a happy day.

Lumabas na siya ng kwarto at nagulat nang marinig na may kausap si Alon sa may garden sa likod ng bahay. Amihan walked on her tiptoes, careful not to make any sound. Boses lalaki ang kausap ni Alon. The first person that she thought of was his Dad at agad siyang kinabahan.

But as she neared the door in the kitchen that lets them go to the garden, nalaman niyang ang pinsan ni Alon na si Makisig ang kausap nito. She knows this is wrong, but she can't help but eavesdrop lalo na nang marinig niya ang kanyang pangalan.

"Anong plano niyo ni Amihan?" Tanong ni Makisig. She can feel that the air wasn't light, their conversation heavy.

"Wala."

"Anong wala, Alon? Ano 'to? Isang linggong gaguhan?" She can hear Makisig pace around, hindi siya makadungaw sa labas, natatakot na baka makita siyang nakikinig.

"Mickey, pwede ba," Alon sighed. Mukhang kanina pa nagtatalo ang dalawa.

"You know that she's still leaving you, right?" Walang narinig si Amihan na sagot mula kay Alon. Patuloy na nagsalita si Makisig, "Alam mo na hindi mababago nito ang desisyon ni Amihan."