Gunita: One Shot Series, Monday

The characters of this particular one shot series are part of my finished social media serye on twitter: Gunita. If you haven't read it yet, give it a read before you proceed for better understanding of the one shot entry. Or if you don't want to, you can skip these chapters and wait for my other one shot entries. Or if you just want to give it a read even if you haven't read the serye, give it a go. And if you have read the serye—Amihan and Alon are happy to have shared their reunion with you, but now it's time to have a glimpse of how they ended.

Context

Amihan and Alon are two young lovers seemingly to have hit the end of their journey together. Amihan isn't sure who she is outside of the world they have built together and she owes it to herself to find out who she is without Alon beside her. But Alon is begging for another week. A last week before they eventually release each other... forever.

Last Week

Monday

It's just thirty two big steps from the gate till the door. But she can't get her feet to move, ang bigat—parang pasan niya ang mundo. Amihan stared at the biggest physical manifestation of their love—their home. She had her duffel bag at her side, her heart beating wildly in her chest.

Gagawin ko ba talaga 'to? Hindi ba sapat na ang ilang taon naming pagsasama, kailangan pa ba talaga ng isang linggo? Paano kung hindi ko na kayaning umalis pagkatapos nito?

She closed her eyes and she can almost hear Alfonzo's voice on the phone begging her to come home. It hurt her to hear him like that—her sweet and brave Alon sounding so broken and foreign to her ears.

"Amihan, please, nagmamakaawa ako, isang linggo lang. You can leave me after that."

"Hindi 'yon makakabuti sa'ting dalawa. Tapos na tayo, Alon."

"Mahal..."

"Alon, ayoko na."

"Nakikiusap ako, Mahal. Please just love me for one more week, then you never have to anymore. Maghihintay ako sa bahay."

She then dropped the phone call, hindi niya kayang tagalan ang basag ng boses ng lalaking mahal. But it was pathetic that Alon just had to say the words Mahal and please and she's already running back to the arms of the person she swore she'd never be with again.

But you also swore you'd love him forever, bulong sa'kanya ng isip. She shook her head. This was better. Leaving what they have is better... at least for now. They're so young and she doesn't know who the fuck she. Sooner or later, they'll just tear each other apart and they have been starting to, slowly—it hurt that their love was pulling them down. This isn't the love they swore to each other about.

Amihan doesn't want to live resenting the man she loves. Gagawin niya ang lahat para hindi mangyari 'yon, kahit pa ang solusyon ay ang iwan si Alon.

Sino ba si Amihan nang wala si Alon?

She opened her eyes when she heard the front door opening. She saw the man who promised the sun, the stars, the moon and the whole fucking galaxy to her. Alon looked surprised. She didn't say she was coming. He had stubble on his face, he looks like he hasn't shaven for days. And Amihan recognised the shirt he's wearing because it's the same shirt he was wearing the night she left him. It's been more than a week since she told him she doesn't want him in her life anymore, since Alon kneeled—begging on the ground not to leave him.