Unrequited: A One Shot

The characters of this particular one shot are part of my finished social media serye on twitter: Unrequited. If you haven't read it yet, give it a read before you proceed for better understanding of the one shot entry. Or if you don't want to, you can skip this chapter and wait for my other one shot entries. Or if you just want to give it a read even if you haven't read the serye, give it a go. And if you have read the serye—Baby and Sir Jam are saying hi and that they've missed you.

Context

It has been a few years since the Pussycats have graduated and they have divided, and conquered their respective fields, but are still closer than ever. Now it's time to go back to where everything started because Sir Justin has not stopped bugging them for the upcoming alumni event. And on top of it all, Baby has a decision to make. Would a glimpse of his life before help him make the decision to stay or to fly away?

Alumni

The sound of everybody's keyboard typing away seemed more like a lullaby than a background noise she should be used to by now. The air seemed dead and dry at least for a few weeks now, like doom was looming over her head. The sun hasn't been the same—she doesn't feel the same.

Tumingin siya sa labas ng bintana at kahit ang nakasanayang pampalibang sa sarili na gawan ng kwento ang mga taong nakikita niyang naglalakad ay hindi gumagana. Hindi niya maalis ang isip sa desisyon na araw gabi siyang minumulto.

You have to make a decision. They're not going to wait for you forever. What happened to the fearless you? What happened to throwing all inhibitions out the window for a chance of adventure? For a shot at a dream? This doesn't seem like you, Gabriella.

Baby's blank word document stared back at her as if taunting her brain to function, but her mind wasn't cooperating today—or the last few weeks for that matter. She sighed, exhausted. Gusto na lang niyang gumawa ng kama sa office at matulog.

"Baby." Napaangat ang ulo niya sa tumawag. It was Kianna poking her head inside her cubicle with a hesitant smile.

The two of them were lucky enough to be accepted at the same company. Their little group all branched out in the city. Habang sila ay nasa Quezon City at nagtatrabaho para sa ABS-CBN, si Angel ay nasa Makati working for a newspaper company, si Andi ay nasa Pasay working for a famous cosmetic brand at si Trish ay nasa UST pa rin, she continued to study law after they graduated.

Tiningnan niya ang orasan, Kianna was probably going to ask her to have lunch.

"I'm so tired, K!" She sighed exaggeratedly at saka dinukdok ang ulo sa lamesa. It goes beyond tiredness now. She can feel it seep in her bones. Being physically tired, she can deal with, but this one? Pero tulad ng nakasanayan, mas madaling daanin na lang sa biro ang lahat.

Kianna chuckled and sat down at the small chair beside her office desk. She looked at her again, her hands on his hair tugging at it a little.

"Because of your blank word document or...?" Kianna raised her eyebrows at her. Tinulak niya ang balikat ng kaibigan na siyang ikinatawa nito.

"Look, gusto mo ba or ayaw mo?" Kianna looked at her pointedly.

Baby thinks it isn't matter of if he likes it or not, because he does. Fuck. This is the dream, the new one. The one she never saw coming, but as real as all her other ones.