Dos

That Same Monday morning

As Tae was riding his bike towards his new job, he spotted a tall guy with broad shoulders. The first person he thought of was Jin, but then figured what are the chances he'd see him here.

So he rode past him and quickly glanced at him. He was shook. That was Jin. So he had to take another turn.

And then confirmed it was the man he loves. Still looking as beautiful as ever.

He made himself known and they reconnected as best as they could in those few minutes before they went inside. When Jin asked him to meet him for lunch so they could speak more, his heart nearly leapt out of his chest.

During lunch, he didn't want to ask him about his engagement. But he just couldn't help himself. So while they were eating he asked.

"So last I heard anything about you from Joonie, you had just gotten engaged. How's that going?"

He started choking on his drink and Tae had to tap on his back to help him. When he was finally able to speak again he explained that he had broken up with him.

It took Tae a few seconds for what he said to sink in. And he was suddenly flying high. But kept his poker face, so he wouldn't notice how happy he was to hear that news.

"Oh no Jin, what happened?" Tae asked him.

He watched as he rolled his eyes, sighed and sat back in his chair. So Tae also sat back so he could listen to his explanation and not miss anything he says.

"He was a cheating asshole, plain and simple. I don't even know why I agreed to marry him.

Actually, yes I do. But it wasn't because I was in love. The way normal people usually become engaged.

You remember how high strung my mother is right Tae? God, she's always after me to get married. Like it's be all, end all. She drives me insane.

But last night he showed up late for a date and that son of a bitch had lipstick on his collar! Like really? Right before you go meet your supposed fiancé. So I dumped his ass. Ugh.. But now my mom is on my ass to apologize to him and ask his forgiveness and pray he'll take me back."

"Are you going to?!" Tae asked panicked. Worried he'd really do it.

"Hell no! I may remain alone for the rest of my life. But I'd prefer that than to be tied down to a miserable, cheating prick."

"Why would you think that you'll remain alone? I bet all kinds of guys and girls are always trying to get with Mr. Worldwide Handsome."

"Tae! Why are you bringing that up? I used to just say that to try to boost my confidence.

My mother is always telling me that no one will want to marry me cause I'm already past my prime, that my looks are fading, I wasted my youth. I could go on and on."

"Nah, you don't have to. I remember your mother. I hope you don't believe anything she says Jin. Cause you have always been the most handsome guy I have ever seen in person, in real life."

Jin's face turned as red as the tomato sauce on their lunch.

"Tae, please. You are way more handsome than I'll ever be. Are you in a relationship? I bet you have been quite the heartbreaker huh?" He giggled so cutely as he sipped on his drink.

"No, not in a good while."

Tae didn't want to tell him the truth. That he has never been in a relationship with anyone. Just meaningless one night stands. And he could only manage had those if he pictured Jin's face instead.