Chapter 29- Can't Do It:

The adrenaline coursing through me was enough to cause my hands to start shaking. I wasn't an expert on fighting techniques, and I definitely had no clue as to how to fight a werewolf. Sure, during the last raid with the rogues I'd managed to hold myself better than I would've imagined, but this was completely different than a group of wolves attacking another group. There were enough wolves on our side to keep the rogues busy enough for me to be able to still be alive and plus I'd had Stephanie to help me.

This was Sasha. She already hated me to the point where she had tried to kill me at the first sight. But now that I'd taken her fiancé from her on her wedding day she had more fuel to kill me than any rogue could ever imagine having.

I glanced over at everyone in the wedding party and my eyes landed on Rose. I had to make sure that she was safe. When I looked back at Sasha, she'd seen my moment of being side-tracted and she seemed to know just what was holding my attention. Before I knew it, I was running towards Rose just as Sasha lunged for her. Anger boiled inside of me, adding fuel to my adrenaline rush and I went from running to a full-out sprint for my daughter. Just before she could touch Rose, I tackled Sasha to the ground and we went rolling away from the crowd.

I rolled up to my hands and knees and kept my gaze locked on the huge wolf in front of me, scrambling to her feet. A growl erupted from her and I smirked in satisfaction. I tackled Sasha. Something in a small part of my brain realized that this was finally my chance to take out my all anger on her from everything that she's done to me and especially to Rose. The only thing that I really had on my side, though, was my strength. And that would only last me for so long before I got tired.

I had to come up with a plan. I had to do something to buy myself some time. I looked around but saw only a wide open yard. The tree like was still a ways away. I wasn't sure how fast I could cross the yard before I reached it. I could use the forest to my advantage somehow to try and stall. Maybe I could climb a tree and think of a plan of action. I could always beat her with a stick or something if worse came to worse, even though the stick would get more damage done to it on the first hit.

I had to at least try. I didn't think twice before I sprinted with everything in me across the grass, knowing full well she was directly behind me. I could feel the ground shake slightly from her paws beating against it. My hands were still trembling from the adrenaline. My anger was still at the surface, just not as strong as before since I knew my daughter was safe for the time being.

I didn't bother to look back because I knew it would just slow me down. I pushed on faster and faster until my legs felt like jelly and I was on the verge of wheezing from exertion. My eyes stayed focused on the trees. They were coming closer and closer until I suddenly stopped. Something was different.

I looked back to see Sasha wasn't chasing me anymore. She had trained her sights on something else behind her. I moved slightly to the side to see that it was Alex, Jake, Rose, and Katie. Jake was holding Rose so that she was slightly behind him to shield her. Alex stayed close to Katie to protect his mate if anything were to happen. I couldn't think of a reason as to why they would be right there. But the only thing I cared about was Rose. The fury was burning inside of me once again as Sasha went for her.

"No!" I shouted. I didn't care how much my legs burned, or what could possibly happen to me if I tried to take Sasha on with nothing but myself.

I saw red when she dove for her but Jake was much too fast and was already on the other side of her wolf form. Sasha was growling.

"Sasha! This is between you and me!" I yelled. Sasha's large head turned and she growled at me before looking back at Rose. "This is a challenge, you can't kill her until I'm dead! You wanted to fight me, well then let's fight!"