Chapter 21- We Need You:

A/N: I'm so proud of myself! Finally a quick update! Anyways.....enjoy!!!!! :)

Chapter 21- We Need You

            The talk I had expected to have with Lexi last night never happened.

            And that bothered me. Severely.

            I was ready to explain myself to her. I was ready to give her reasons as to why I refused to do anything about their wedding. I knew that she would do anything and everything in her power to get me to join her side on this. And yet she never said one word to me.

            She didn’t even talk to me earlier today, and we’d stayed home half of the day. We spent it cleaning up the house, trying to get the blood off the walls and floor and trying to get the living room set back up again—even though it was practically impossible since everything was almost entirely destroyed.

            Alex had come to pick me up. Apparently we were going back to the pack house because there were a few people there that still needed some healing because the pack doctor couldn’t do anything else for them. I knew that the pack couldn’t afford to lose any more members, but I still had no idea what I could do to help them. But I agreed nonetheless.

            I wanted Lexi to come with us. I didn’t want her to have to stay behind all on her own, and plus I didn’t know how safe it would be what with all of the attacks going on. Plus, the rogues attacked the house once and took our dad. Who’s to say they wouldn’t do it again. And there was also the fact of their little message still being printed on my mirror in the bathroom saying how they’d still come. I didn’t know if that meant they’d come back to the house or if they’d come back to the pack entirely—which they’ve been doing.

            But then there was also the matter of Lexi being labeled a rogue as well. I wasn’t sure just how well her showing up at the pack house would go. I wasn’t even sure just how well I, myself, turning up at the pack house would go and I was just there to help heal their wounded.

            When we got there a few members were outside. They were scattered in different small groups but they all seemed to be on edge. The men looked down-right annoyed. The women looked tired and bored. I didn’t know what was going on. I even saw a few of the women carrying a few roles of white fabric into the house. Some of the men were following the women, carrying stacks of chairs piled well over their heads.

            I got out and shut the door, unable to take my eyes away from them. My curiosity was getting the best of me and I couldn’t help but walk to the pack house on my own, not bothering to wait for Alex who was behind me, trying to keep up. As soon as I walked through the door, I almost ran into Chris.

            “Hey, Chris,” I said quietly. I still didn’t know where we stood in regards to our friendship. Chris was always more of the quiet one, but we always got along. But when he grinned at me without a care in the world, I could tell that we were still good friends, despite the bitterness from the rest of our friends.