"Yeah baby!" Jake shouted in celebration, and I shot him a grin, running over for a high-five. 

I was on a high as I ran back into position. I'd needed to score to prove a point, and now I had, I could relax and have some fun. 

"Lucky shot." Pearson jeered from across the halfway line. 

"Watch me do it again, you might learn something." I retorted, and I heard Zack chuckle. 

I looked over at him in amazement but he didn't look at me. 

Westfield kicked off and play continued, only this time I was heavily marked, and they were a lot less gentle with me. I smiled to myself. I'd shown them I could hold my own and now they saw me as a threat, which is exactly what I'd wanted. 

Westfield attacked, but Adam neutralised them quickly, coming out of his goal and intercepting the ball. He kicked it out, but it came off a Westfield players head and went off for a throw-in. Trent picked up the ball and waited for us to find space for him to throw it in. 

I was being marked by a big guy, right up behind me, shoving me in the back. It was pissing me off but I fought the urge to start a fight. I'd promised Dad I wouldn't get into any trouble this year, and I'd meant it. I planted my feet to stop myself falling over, but as Trent threw in the ball, I got shoved again hard and fell to the floor. 

"Ref!" I heard Jake shout, but I quickly got up and shook it off before the ref could blow his whistle. I refused to look weak. 

Instead I sprinted towards the Westfield player who'd won the ball, taking my frustration out on him by landing a heavy tackle on him and gaining possession back for our team. I travelled with the ball towards their goal, and took a long shot from outside the box. It arced towards the top left corner, but the goalie just managed to get a finger on it and tap it over the crossbar. 

We huddled into the box for a corner, and Pearson came to mark me. 

"Told you the first one was a lucky shot." He smirked. 

I glanced up at the clock. There were 8 minutes left. 

"There's still time." I replied, watching Trent and waiting for him to take the corner. 

He kicked the ball and I waited for the right moment to jump for a header. The ball cruised over Jake's head, Ryan's head and was moving straight for me. I jumped but felt someone yank my shirt, hard, pulling me back to the floor. 

I looked up to see Pearson stood over me as he stole my header, sending the ball over the top of the crossbar. 

I jumped up and got in his face. 

"Nice one, asshole." I spat. 

He just smirked back at me. 

"Hey Burns, come put a muzzle on your girl."

My mouth dropped open in outrage and I shoved him, but Zack rushed over and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me away. 

"He's not worth it." He muttered, his breath warm on my neck as he carried me, dropping me outside the box. I quickly squirmed from his grip in frustration, annoyed he'd intervened. 

The linesman signalled towards the corner again with his flag, this time on the opposite side. Jake got into position on the corner, ready to take it. I made my way back into the box and shook off my anger, trying to get my head back in the game. This time, Zack went straight to Pearson and marked him, following him every time he made a move in my direction. 

Jake switched it up by taking a short corner and passing to Ryan on the edge of the box. I found space to the left of the goal and he crossed it in to me. I locked my eyes onto the ball and with one touch, I volleyed it into the direction of the goal. I watched almost in slow-motion as it flew through the air, and the goalie missed it by inches as it hit the back of the net.