full bloom; 盛开

"NO!" Jimin's face is as pale as a ghost, frame trembling in shock as he takes in the sight of a ghastly Chaeyoung tumbling out the passenger side of the jeep. She's in too much pain to even get on her hands and knees or try and stand up, clutching at her right abdomen where a wound is evident and from the looks of the flesh decaying around it, a zombie's work. "Chaeyoung!"

He starts forward, but is quickly held back by Byulyi. "Jimin, you know there's nothing we can do at this point."

"Let go of me!" Jimin screams, thrashing to break free to get closer to his girlfriend as he struggles against the elder. "She needs me! She needs me by her side right now!"

Hyejin hurries over after getting out of the jeep from the driver's side, eyes wide in panic and filled with unshed tears. "It was too late when I turned around. I- We were surrounded and we had barely made it back to the jeep but- but they got her just before she closed the door and- oh god, I'm so sorry, I couldn't just leave her there, she's family. I brought her back without thinking, but if she turns now-"

Jimin finally rips free from Byulyi's hold, rushing over to Chaeyoung's side on the ground despite everyone else's shouts of protest. He kneels down and pulls Chaeyoung's upper torso onto his lap, carefully cradling a grimacing Chaeyoung's face in his trembling hands. "Chae, are you there? Can you hear me? Listen to me Chae, you need to fight this. You're stronger than this, I know you are!"

"Jimin," Their injured comrade groans, her lips upturning ever so slightly at the sight of her beloved, though what originally starts as a smile soon turns into a grimace as a new wave of pain courses through her veins. Despite the pain that wracks through her system so visibly that the others can see her body jerk, Jimin holds her as close and tight to him as he can, his head lowered so that his hair blocks his face from everyone but the girl in his arms. "Hurts..."

"I know it must hurt a lot, but you-" Jimin chokes on his words as he brushes Chaeyoung's disheveled hair away from her sickly face, "You can't leave me like this, Chae. What happened to our plans of living out in Jeju? You said we could get as many pets as we wanted and spend the rest of our lives playing on the beach."

Chaeyoung reaches up with a shaky hand and an apologetic expression painting her face to gently cup Jimin's cheek affectionately."I'm... sorry..."

"I don't want an apology!" Jimin's face is a blotchy red, his cheeks wet from the fresh tears rolling down from his eyes. "All I've ever wanted, all I could want was- was-"

You.

"Jimin, you need to get away from her as soon as you say goodbye." Seokjin warns as he approaches the two, slowly pulling out a pistol from the hoster hanging from a belt underneath his coat. "Hyejin isn't sure how long it's been since they've been attacked and just from looking at that wound, I can tell you it won't be long."

"You can't!" Jimin cries in outrage, setting Chaeyoung down gently so he can stand back up and throw his arms out in front of his girlfriend's crumpled form to shield her from the line of fire. "Hyung, how could you just- just-"

"Do you really think I want to do this, Jimin? She's our friend too! Chaeyoung is like a sister to me!" Seokjin's hand trembles with emotion as he reluctantly releases the safety of his gun. "But if you let her keep going, if you insist on trying to protect her, at this rate we'll all be dead!"

"I-"

"Jimin." Chaeyoung reaches up with what little strength she has left to tug weakly at the hem of Jimin's long sleeve. "You- You have to... go..."

"No!" Jimin is sobbing, kneeling down to pull her back into his hold. Seokjin makes a gesture towards Namjoon and Yoongi to ask for back up, "You promised! You said you wouldn't leave me! You said you'd come back safe, Chae!"