Talking about the future

You and Luke have been a couple for only four months. You were sitting on the couch waiting for Luke to get home from the grocery store. Petunia jumped up on the couch and laid down beside you.
       "Hey there piggy."
       You giggled as Petunia got comfortable. You felt your eyelids drop as you slowly fell asleep. When you woke up, you found yourself in Luke's bed. You grabbed one of his pillows and inhaled his scent. You curled around it and felt at home.
      "What are you doing Y/N?" Luke said laughing.
      You looked towards the doorway and blushed; hiding your face in the pillow. Luke smiled and walked towards the bed then laid down, bringing you close. Being in Luke's arms was the best feeling. Back in 2014/2015 when you and Luke dated for a year it was weird since Luke was constantly touring with the band and you were always at interviews. When Luke called you up to announce that he's finally broken free from 'you know who', who you over the moon since while he was in the relationship the two of you completely lost contact.
        "Would you want to move in with me?" Luke's deep voice suddenly asked.
        "Huh?" You sat up, Luke putting his hand on your knee.
       "Would you want to move in with me? I mean we're practically adults and you've been wanting to move out for awhile now, and I mean it gets lonely here whenever you can't stay the night cause of your moms rules."
        "I... I can check with her. Though she may not like me moving out so soon. She still thinks that I can't financially support myself. Though with three and a half releasing our album a few weeks ago and my own solo album dropping in a couple of days, I should be good. Plus you, Calum, Ashton and Michael have all been writing some really good songs for this next album. I guess she just doesn't want to let her baby girl go." You smiled and held Luke's hand.
      "Yeah. It would be such a weird experience to have. I mean I'd be living in a house with my best friend and my girlfriend." He smiled.
      You felt yourself blush. You were still getting used to the fact that Luke was your boyfriend again, not much has changed other then he's older and more mature.
     "I think Petunia would also love to have you around all the time. Even if you break it up into small little sections like you spend the weekend or spend New Years here. You know how long I've been waiting to have you be my new years kiss?" He sat up and looked at you. "Way too long. It killed me last time when I wasn't able to."
      Luke took your face in his hands and kissed you. You put your arms over his shoulders as the two of you fell back onto the bed. Luke moved his arms to the side of your head and went deeper into the kiss. His hair hung in front of his face.
       "I love you Y/N. Trust me I do, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." Luke looked you dead in the eyes which means he was serious.
        "I love you too Luke." You smiled. "Let's be lazy and just order take out. I'm 18, also a senior in high school, you're like 20. I don't feel like cooking, plus I don't think my mom would really care if I stayed a little bit longer."
     "You're right, plus I can't really cook a ton of things."
       You hoped of the bed to go grab the phone.
      "Well you probably should since I don't wanna be one of those kinda wives. Unless you were joking about spending the rest of your life with me." You giggled and ran downstairs.
       Luke came down not long after and hugged you from behind, letting his head sit in the crook of your neck. He wrapped his arms around your waist as the two of you swung side to side. You leaned back into his tall frame.
       "I love you so much Y/N. Words can't even describe how much I love you." He kissed your temple and moved his hand so that it was in your stomach.
      You turned your head and kissed Luke, putting your hand on top of his to intertwine your fingers.
      "I love you too Luke."
       The doorbell rang and you went to get it. You paid for the food while Luke got out the forks and knives. The two of you sat down and ate dinner, it came to you while washing dishes and you couldn't shake the thought. You put down a plate and started to cry.
      "Luke?" You asked.
       "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He dried off his hands and hugged you.
       "What if when we both start to tour again we fall apart." You hiccuped a sob.
      "We won't. I promise you that we'll work something out. When the time comes, let's not think about it right now. We're gonna be alright. Don't you worry." Luke kissed the top of your head and ran his thumb across your back.
Once you came down and the two of you finished cleaning up it was time for you to go. Luke waved goodbye at the door as you drove off. You pulled into your driveway and glad to see that your mom wasn't home. Needless to say, she wasn't the biggest fan of late nights at Luke's house on weekdays. You locked your car and headed inside to to kitchen. There was a bag of chips in the pantry so you grabbed some, then headed off to your room in the basement. Your physics teacher had assigned your class a project, you being you, you hadn't started it and it was due at 12am.
You opened up a document on the computer, then opened up your school bag to grab the project outline to see what needed to be done. Physics wasn't your strongest subject but your mom made you take it just in case you changed your mind about making music and wanted to become a scientist.
"Youuuuu, wherever you are. Youuuuuu, wherever you are. Every night I almost call you just to say it always will be youuu. Wherever you are." You sang as smaller Luke sang the lyrics.
It took you about an hour to compete the project and hand it in. Since you're juggling with your music career and school, you do it online so that if you're ever on the road then you can still do the required work assigned by the teachers. You took a handful of the chips and stuffed them into your mouth. 5sos' self titled album played in the background. You went into your clear to change into some pyjamas before heading to sleep. You put your favourite pyjama bottoms on and one of Luke's shirts that he gave you, then to top it all off you put your hair into a messy pony tail. You put away the chips and went back downstairs. It was 11 o'clock when your mom arrived home.
"Hey there sweet pea. How was today? Album almost ready to be released?" She knocked and came in.
You looked over in her direction. "Oh yeah. It's almost done. I just have to do one more song, I'm working on the lyrics currently." You forced a smile.
"Well that's good. Remember, the album has to be done tomorrow. That means that the song you're working on had to be done yesterday." Your mom became angry.
"Alright mom. I understand. Schools just getting heavy with the amount of notes and work that's being given out."
"No more excuses. I wanna hear the song after. If it's not perfect it's not going on the album."
With that, your mother walked away. Your new album 'perfection' was gonna be different. You'd decided to take more of a pop style, but still keep it country. You looked at the piano in the corner of your room. You got up from your bed to then sit down on the little stool in front of the keyboard.
"What am I even doing. The album already has ten really good songs. It doesn't need another one." You scoffed and went back to your bed.
That's when Luke called. You picked up the phone.
"How's my gorgeous girlfriend doing?"
"Good I guess. I finished a school perfect for physics, then I'm currently trying to write another song for my album 'perfection' that's coming out in a couple weeks." You frowned.
"I'm guessing that was your moms idea?"
"Unfortunately yes, for some reason she likes to be all up in everyone's face about which song goes on the albums." You groaned putting him on speaker.
"I called cause I have a question about something, your opinion is very much needed in the answer."
"Ok, what is it. If it's something to do with physics then I don't know." You grabbed some chips and ate out of the bag. "I don't even know how I'm passing the damn course."
"Good news is that school isn't really apart of it, you'll be graduated by the time it's done anyway." Luke began, but became very nervous very quickly. "I ummm. I've been thinking. Would you ever want kids? Or more specifically, would you ever want to start a family with me?"
You stopped for a second, did Luke just ask if you ever wanted a family with him? Was he asking what you thought he was asking. You collected yourself.
"Are you asking if we should start a family? As in like try for a baby?"
"Uhhh. Yeah kinda. Only if you want to have a baby now. Cause I know we both are still young, but I can see us having a baby together in the future." Luke sounded nervous.
"I'll think about it. I don't think my mom would be too thrilled to see her teenage daughter pregnant with her boyfriend of only four months."
"Oh ok. I'll let you go then. Don't you have to physically go into the school tomorrow?"
"Yeah, I have to do a presentation in English that I need to be in person for." You rolled your eyes.
"Good luck then gorgeous."
"Thanks Luke. I'll try my best."
The two of you said goodbye and hung up. You put the bag of chips back and headed back down to your room. You feel back into your bed and looked up at the ceiling. Luke's question wouldn't shake from your mind. It finally got to the point where the thought of starting a family with Luke wouldn't leave your mind. You rolled off your bed to turn the light on. Then you grabbed a pillow and stuffed it underneath Luke's shirt. You moulded the pillow so that it was flat and round. You turned to the side to look at yourself. The pillow made you think further into the idea of being pregnant. You moved your hand over the shirts fabric, as you felt like you couldn't stop looking.
"I'm eighteen. If I do get pregnant the baby will be born after school finishes. Plus since since I'm eighteen, my mom can't tell me to get an abortion." You smiled, removing the pillow from underneath the shirt. "The question is, am I ready to give up my last two years as a teenager for a kid?"
You went back into bed and looked into the ceiling then at the picture of Luke. Smiling, you kissed the picture and fell asleep.