Chapter 13

"Ewwww." We groan in unison and I wrinkle my nose in disgust at what was happening in front of me. Calum and Ross were currently chomping on raw pigeon meat. I had absolutely no idea how they had pigeon meat on an airplane but they did and I was disgusted to no end. Sure, I wasn't a vegetarian but I wasn't a carnivore either.

"Okay, god, enough." Ashton finally orders with a disgusted expression. Even the boys were getting squeamish.

All of the Lynch family, Ellington, Montana, Addy, Ashton, Calum, Michael and I had decided to play truth or dare on our long haul flight from São Paulo to Japan.

The rest of the crew were scattered around the plane, doing their own thing or passed out cold. Brazil had been an insane four days, the fans had gone all out and so did both the bands. We were all pretty exhausted and it was just two shows into the entire tour, I had a feeling we wouldn't come out this alive.

Divided into groups of two, we decided to spend the time this way and have some good laughs but little did we know it would turn into this. Ross and Calum were dared to stuff their faces with pigeon meat by Michael and Riker, unfortunately for them. They had refused to do it at first but now, seeing our disgusted expressions, they thought it was funny to go all out and eat all of it. Typical.

"Don't you dare kiss me for another decade." Montana whines, making Calum stop dead in his tracks, a piece of meat halfway to his mouth.

"Are you serious?" He mumbles with a mouthful, his cheeks puffed. I almost fall off my chair from laughing too hard at the whole spectacle.

"Yes, I am!" Monti says angrily.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'll brush my teeth like sixty-nine times and use mouth wash I promise." He whines, making us laugh harder. He had to use a sixty-nine in that line.

"I think I need to brush my teeth, just by watching this." I groan. I really did want to brush my teeth. They all laugh at me thinking I just made a joke as I get up and head for my bag that had a toothbrush in it. I dig around and finally find it "aha!" I say and turn around to show everyone.

"You're actually going to brush your teeth?" Ross asks me, his eyes wide. He was in a really soft knitted sweater and jeans with a beanie holding all his unruly hair in it. I wanted to cuddle him badly but I wasn't getting anywhere close to his pigeon breath now.

"Yes," I say and walk towards the other end of the jet, leaving them to their games. I pass the kitchen area and part a thick curtain to see Luke sprawled on the leather seat. His phone is still in his hand and he is snoring lightly, fast asleep. The creases on his forehead are gone, giving him a peaceful look and the angry sneer his lips were usually in these days wasn't there either, they were slightly parted now. My heart hurt, seeing him so peaceful and content.

Why did you have to ruin it for us, Luke?

He was lying on his stomach so every time he breathed in an out, the muscles on his back would move slightly under the singlet he was wearing. I almost reach out and touch his back but decide against it.

Looking for a blanket to put over him, I spot one in a compartment above my head and drape it over him slowly, afraid he would wake up. He stirs but doesn't wake when his phone falls to the carpeted floor with a muffled thud. Moving closer, I pick it up off the floor to put it on the table but the lock screen lights up at my touch as I stand up, looking down at it...

What the hell.

It was a picture of us. Why am I on his lock-screen? It was the picture we had taken with everyone after Luke had dared us to perform for them at my house the first day we met and I had ended up next to him in it, smiling widely.