Delaying the Inevitable

Hey Guys, Im so so so sorry I haven't updated in so long, everything has just been so busy and I've been applying for scholarships and schools along with everything else I'm like about to die. I apologize for the short update, its kinda a filler, but anyway. My birthday is Monday! My weekend is so full of parties and stuff I can't wait! Well I hope you enjoy the update and I'll try to do update more often :)

        'Thank you' did he really just thank me?! Why would he do that. I blink out of my thoughts and look down. This is all so wrong, I shouldn't be doing this, I don't... I don't like this. Alex's smile falls a little bit, he begins to swim, pulling me with him over to the edge. I'm still bewildered by what he said earlier, 'thank you'. He thanked me for hugging him. All I did was do what he asked, I let go, for a second.

        I start to build my mental walls back up as I lift myself up onto the bank. Cold and wet, I begin to walk back in the direction of my house. I'm not crying, I don't want to, and even if I did I'm too exhausted to. All I want is for everything to go away. Alex grasps my hand and turns me around, hurt clearly displayed in his eyes. Why does he even try. I turn all the way around and stand in front of him, looking him right in his striking blue eyes. we stand there for at least a minute before I just turn and begin to walk away. He doesn't follow me, he just stands there, completely void of emotion. "I'm not giving up Elizabeth!" He yells after me. I continue to leave. "Just you wait and see." I hear as Alex voice fades from our distance. He might not be giving up.
But am I?