59. Cat in the house, to catch the mouse!

ابدأ من البداية

"Hiding? No! NO! Absolutely not" I said

"Then move aside"

I moved aside with closed eyes praying that she did not find him in the condition in which he was born. Please NO!!

"Why are you standing like a statue now?" Mumma asked

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. He was nowhere to find. I took a deep breath. Huh, what a relief.

Mumma put the glass on the table and suddenly we heard the sound of shuffling that was coming from under the bed.

Oh No! He is under the bed.

"What is this sound?" Mumma asked and I gave her a confused look.

"Let me see," she said and bend down to see under the bed.

Oh NO!!!!!!!

"Aaaaaahhhhhhh" I screamed to divert my mumma's mind.

"What? What happened? Are you fine beta?" She asked

"I got a sprain in my leg," I said

"But you are not even moving"

"I don't know," I said

"You never fails to give me a mini heart attack," she said and again moved towards the bed.

"Mumma you go na! I will handle it" I said

"No, let me see"

What should I do now?

Idea!!

I wobbled the table beside me.

Mumma immediately stood up.

"What now?" She asked

"Cat. Mumma, it was a cat! It just ran away. It was hiding under the bed. I guess"

"But I didn't see it," she said

"It was too fast for your eyes to catch and your attention was on this side of the bed and it ran from the other side"

"What are you saying? And how did it came in?" She asked

I gave her a sign of I don't know.

"This is all your mistake. Look at this balcony door. You always forget to lock it. I have told you many times to keep it close. Why don't you listen to me"

She moved towards the balcony.

"Mumma you go na. I will be down in a few minutes"

"Why are you so desperate to throw me out of the room?" She asked

"Umm...actually I urgently want to use the washroom"

"But you said that you were using the washroom that's why you were not able to open the door"

Oh! I got caught in my own words.

I heard the sound of a chuckle. This is him. How badly I want to kick him in his balls right now.

"Wo actually, "

"Actually what?"

"Mumma I ate dishes made by you after so many months. They were so tasty that I went on eating them. And this has affected my digestive system. You know!"

"Oh!"

"Yes!"

"Ok! Do your business and come down. I am waiting for breakfast"

"Ok, Mumma!" Finally, she left the room.

I bend down to look at him. He was lying on his stomach struggling under the bed. He was only in his undergarment with his shirt and jeans in his hand.