𝖻𝖺𝗌𝗄𝗂𝗇 𝗋𝗈𝖻𝖻𝗂𝗇𝗌

(y/n)'s perspective

(y/n)'s perspective

"so," i asked. "what happened to y'all?"

————

the boys paused and all made eye contact with each other before looking back at me.

i know it was to acknowledge whatever trauma they had just experienced all together, but ngl it made me feel a bit like the odd one out.

"when we first got the alert, we were all hanging out at sapnap's place," dream began, motioning his leather-gloved hand to sapnap.

"yeah, they came over for an event we were planning. anyways, we were chilling around the table when the tv immediately with no command switched to the local news channel. the anchor told us to seek shelter immediately due to a critically fatal disease being spread like wildfire." sapnap added.

"so we all locked the doors and boarded up the windows as we just sat inside and waited to see what would happen next." george contributed. "we just sat in silence on the floor for what felt like hours—"

"what do you mean 'hours?' it was like 20 minutes tops." dream interrupted.

"'ay dream, let the brit fooking speak." sapnap chuckled as he elbowed dream.

"stop cussing sapnap!" bad intervened.

i laughed lightly at the boys.

george sighed as he took off his clout glasses and fidgeted with them.

"anyways," george continues. "everything was fine until the front door started shaking violently."

"yeah, and when we say violently, i mean that door was literally on the verge of getting its hinges ripped off. it was so bad." dream said, shaking his hands for exaggeration.

"yeah, i know what u mean. it's literally terrifying." i replied.

"y'know, i thought we were gonna be okay up until the point where a fricking zombie child busts down the door and zooms over to me. and i legit thought i was gonna die until bad threw a knife right into it's head. i still can't believe bad knew how to use throwing knives." sapnap turns around and looks at bad, who just gives him a smile as he turns back to me.

"so the zombie falls to the ground, and with the door being busted down, we have to make a run for whatever shelter we could find." george replies.

"we run out into the suburbs, and it's a damn mess out there. there were ppl already killing themselves out in the streets, others running away from zombies chasing them, and there was a guy who set himself on fire who was screaming bloody murder. thing is, we were out at 7 pm, and so were a ton of other people. so the infections were really bad."

"we find a baskin robbins and just hung out in there for the night with seven other people: a family of four, two men, and a woman. everyone was crowding around in there, and everything was golden gucci until early in the morning at around 9 am." sapnap adds.

"yeah, so the family of four had two kids, one being 13 and the other was 6. apparently the 6 year old saw a child zombie outside and they both stared at each other before the kid let the monster in. and before we knew it, there were two other zombies in the store." dream explains.

"i doubt i can ever try to forget how it looked to see those zombies physically rip apart that entire family and the three other people before we managed to escape." bad muttered as he looked down, a look of raw emotion on his young face.

"so we ended up just hiding out on the roof until we fled the scene and found this grocery store. originally some crazy old guy used to live here, but after he tried to stab george we managed to take him out. and so far, we've just been staying here." dream finished.

"that's— wow, i don't know what i would even do in that situation." i frowned in pitiful awe.

"yeah, it was terrible, but at least we all managed to make it out together alive and unharmed." dream smiled at his friends, who all grinned back.

"oh (y/n)— are you hungry? you can just go get something from the store to eat if you are." bad told me.

"i'm not, but thank you." i responded.

"well anyways, i'm pretty tired. g'night y'all." sapnap stretched as he laid down in his sleeping back.

"yeah, me too," george and bad said in unison as they both rested too.

"good night guys. good night (y/n). sorry for trying to kill u." dream smiled at me as he faced me in his sleeping back.

"good night." i smiled a bit with a small laugh as i laid down too.

i felt everyone drift off to sleep.

i typically have a very hard time sleeping by myself in the hotel,

but for once since i lost my friend,

i actually feel safe.

i smiled to myself as i shifted in my sleeping bag and began to drift off to sleep.