𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗋𝗈 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌

(y/n)'s perspective

(y/n)'s perspective

i followed dream and bad to the back of the grocery store, where a retro shower curtain was hung up being used as a temporary door.

dream pulled back the curtain to reveal a large storage room, where there were food and drinks stored in boxes on shelves, waiting to be unloaded.

the storage room was a very dimly lit room with its brown walls and concrete flooring. many cheap metal shelves lined up against the walls with boxes messily thrown everywhere. it seemed more like a large warehouse than a storage room.

in the center of the storage/warehouse, a small fire was set up, burning scraps of paper from doomsday news articles. around the fire were
four sleeping bags, with three more set aside.

red portable lawn chairs with cupholders inside the armrest were also scattered around the fire. in two of the chairs were two boys, one of them being sapnap and the other being a boy with fluffy brown hair and clout glasses who donned a solid blue shirt with a white rectangular logo outlined with red on it, and cuffed dark blue pants.

sapnap turned his head towards dream, bad, and i.

"hey man, what's she doing back here?" sapnap said as he flickered a cigarette lighter.

"well it is too dangerous for her to go home, so bad insisted she spends the night here until tomorrow." dream explained as i smiled nervously and scratched the back of my neck.

"dream, who's she?" the boy with clout glasses asked as he lowered them to look at me. he seemed to have a british accent.

"george, this is mynx. mynx, this is george." bad introduced as he motioned to us both. we just smiled awkwardly and waved at each other in response.

"well i didn't cook anything for dinner, so i don't know what you guys are eating but i'm gonna go get those toaster waffles." bad added as he turned back the way we came and pulled back the shower curtain as he headed back into the store.

i didn't know what to do or where to sit, and considering how bad was the person i would be clinging to if he didn't leave, i just sat on the floor next to the fire near dream and everyone else.

"so mynx," george started as a twinge of discomfort in his voice contaminated it, making his british accent sound a bit squeaky.

"where do u live?" he asked.

"oh uh," i paused as i felt my tense body loosen up a bit. "i was just staying in one of the abandoned hotels until i found somewhere to stay permanently."

"you mean 'hotel garden' or the 'holiday inn' back on 24th street?" sapnap asked, picking the lighter back up as he started burning newspaper scraps.

"yeah, the holiday inn." i replied as i hugged my knees to my chest as i shifted around on the hard floor, trying to get at least a little bit comfortable.

dream noticed me squirming around. "yknow, you can just pick out a sleeping bag from the corner since the ground is so scratchy." he laughed as he motioned to the pile of sleeping bags.

"okay, thanks," i smiled back as i stood up and dusted off my jeans as i headed towards tie bags and grabbed the one on top, which was a very pretty shade of (f/c).

"so mynx, what's your story?" sapnap asked. "like, i mean how did u manage to survive this long?"

dream elbowed sapnap. "dude, you can't just ask questions like that to people you just met." he chuckled.

i smiled softly as i fidgeted with my fingers a bit.

"no, it's okay." i smiled as they all leaned in a little bit to listen. "i was just hanging out at my friend's house when we got the amber alert to  seek shelter immediately and to lock ourselves inside our houses. all was good until one of those zombies busted a window by throwing itself into it at full speed. that's when our shelter became unsafe." i paused, looking at dream, george, and sapnap. they all were pretty invested in what i had to say.

"we had to leave the house, so she grabbed a baseball bat and i held the gun since i have more experience with it. we ran out onto the street and raced around town, looking for places to stay.

it was all good until when we were staying in subway for a night because it was the closest place. we were sleeping when i guess there was a zombie in the back room. it was all peaceful until i hear a loud gasp followed by a groan, and then chewing.

oh god, i don't think i can ever forget that chewing sound.

i raced to grab the flashlight, and when i shined it on my friend, the brain dead thing was tearing chunks of flesh off of her face.

i shot that monster several times in the head, but i don't think that was nearly enough for how much i wanted it to hurt.

so i put it's head on a spike and set it on fire outside the subway as some sort of "message." in retrospect, i know that didn't mean anything to the walking dead, but i did it anyway.

after that, i wandered around town, not knowing what to do after that.

i raided a ton of stores, then planned on finding enough supplies to move away. i'm still searching for things before i leave texas forever, and so i was just hanging out in the hotel until i get ready.

the hotel was probably my worst bet though, since the whole building is literally terrifying. it's so spooky in there with all the blood splatters, bullet holes, and dead people."

"that's terrible mynx. i'm so sorry you had to go through that." bad commented. i wasn't aware he was back, but i guess he came back earlier than i thought he would.

"yeah, that's traumatizing," dream said with his comforting voice as he wrapped a blanket around me.

"yknow, this whole thing is some loser scientists' fault." sapnap scowled.

"apparently this whole thing started because of some mad scientist creating that new street drug for immortality, and a common but undisclosed side effect was brain deterioration but an inhumane boost of strength and bloodlust."

"so," i asked. "what happened to y'all?"