The temperature in the house stays at a relative medium, whatever was comfortable for him. You hadn't touched the thermostat mainly because you couldn't find the damn thing. And well, Toshi obviously didn't touch it either. So when he got cold, he put on a hoodie.

"He ain't gotta blanket?"

"I'm getting there."

Upon further investigation, yes, Yagi owned blankets. They were however, you sized. Turns out no one really makes blankets super large, those are just standard comforters for bed sets.

One afternoon before your shift at Han's, you browsed a market to kill time. A vendor selling fabrics caught your eye. While browsing the tiny stall, you found a massive spool of chunky yarn. The stalls owner, an older, greenish woman with the browning vines of her hair pulled into a low bun, asked if you needed assistance.

You nodded slowly while reading over the length and hook requirements for the yarn. "Yes ma'am, how much for this?" You looked up to her as she told you it'd cost around five hundred yen. That's all? "How many do you have?" You asked before she excused herself, digging through a box she had behind her counter. She turned back, answering seventeen. You stood, silently running quick math through your head. No car? That means no car payments and no insurance to worry about. Easy math. The weight of the yarn converted into how many spools you needed for something so big? Fuck that. "I'll take them all."

"You bought them all?!" Your mom nearly choked on her words.

"Mhm, and some hooks." You grinned looking down at the blanket that covered your torso down. You moved to the pit in your room, stretched out on the long couch there as you worked. "Almost done too." You ran your wrapped hand over the yarn, the color shifting from an indigo to black as you did. "Never made something so big, ya'know. My wrist is fucking killing me."

"I bet it is. What else?"

"What else....hmmm?" You took a moment to think. "Ah!"

Though you weren't new to the grieving process, he was there. Ready to be your rock if you needed one. At first you thought it was strange, especially before catching on to the near silent nuances in his movement. How there was a soft knock on your door when you felt your mind clouding and a heaviness in your chest. When you hadn't realized you froze, staring blankly at whatever your eyes decided to rest on. A hand would gently set on your shoulder, thumb rubbing circles into you to bring you back. The magic box of tissues that'd appear in front of you followed by an encompassing arm to pull you in and give you a shoulder to cry on.

You asked out of curiosity and amusement once, when he caught you off guard, how he knew. Your voice quivering as you fought back tears, standing over the bathroom sink. Yagi appeared behind you in the mirror, his eyes on the shears you held in one hand. You other hand had a deathgrip on your hair just above where it was long ago dyed by Che-

"You...you hum when you're happy. Or whenever you're...alright, for my lack of words. That's how." He took a step closer. "Absentmindedly..." Another step. "It's when you're quiet for too long I come to check on you."

"I hum?" You hadn't noticed. "Is it annoying? I'll stop-" He waved you off. "I don't mind it...at all. It's been quiet in here for too long. A lot of house for one person, remember?" Yagi's eyes still glued to what you were doing. "Oh!" You set the shears down, the metal clanking loudly against the granite surface. "I-"

"Why don't you get it touched up?" He took hold of the wrist that gripped your locks, his calloused palm coaxing you to let go. Your hold loosened, shit you hadn't even seen him move. "Or have it done professionally...you wouldn't want to cut unevenly and have to go anyway." Yagi continued.