Collimate

--hello my loves! thanks so much for all these reads. i wish i could explain how much it means to me. we're so close to one thousand, i'll have to make something special for y'all. this week there's four chapters. two little ones now and two much longer ones later. i hope you enjoy them all💖. again, thank you so much!--

"Can you color my hair purple?" You asked looking over your ends. The blue long faded and washed away, you were left with a sea green. It was charming, but it had to go. "Only if you cover my shift tonight."

"Deal."

Easy enough, you sat on the floor while Cherry applied the new dye. A plethora of salty and sweet snacks spread out before you on the kotatsu. "How'd you end up with a shift without me?" You asked curiously. "Gum needed me to cover for her, but Suzuki wants to leave for our vacation tonight instead of tomorrow." How'd I let that sneak up on me? Cherry had given you the heads up a while ago that Suzuki planned a getaway for just the two of them.

"Really? Why tonight?" You eyed the luggage resting by the door, your hands taking the wrapper off a mini chocolate bar. "So we can sleep on the way. He bought tickets for one of those fancy overnight trains." Cherry said just before leaning down to bite into the candy you held up for her.

"Ooooh that's nice, but  now I have to go two weeks and an evening without my friend. " You huffed. "It's not that bad." She nudged. "It is! Tell Suzuki he can't have you for two weeks and a day when you get back. I'm putting him on Cherry restriction." You crossed your arms.

"Okay." Cherry snorted. "Can you plant-sit by the way?" She leaned a little with her question. "Uh, sure?"

"It's not hard." She laughed. "Some of these guys just need a little extra attention. They might not make it while I'm gone."

"I think I can handle it." You gave a soft smile.

"Have you made any progress with your person?" Cherry spoke up over the television. Neither of you were really watching what was playing, it was on for ambiance more than anything. "Hm?" You turned just a bit to look at her, your dye soaked hair leaving purple streaks on the towel lying around your shoulders. "The guy you've been talking to?" She lifted a brow. "The one you won't let me meet."

"Oh..." You turned back to the screen. "We haven't spoken in a few days." You sighed out. "Whaaat?" Cherry slid off the couch, taking a seat next to you at the kotatsu. "What happened? Lover's quarrel?" She pressed. "Nope." You shook your head. "He just works a lot, so..." You shrugged. "Uh huh." Cherry gave a smug look. "So tell me about him."

"Wha- well I don't know much."

"Hm...what's he do for a living?"

"Uh, he's a businessman." You nodded to affirm.

"Short, tall? Describe him?"

"Oh he's tall!" You laughed. "How tall?" Cherry grinned. "Very! I'd actually love for him to carry me on his shoulders. For the rush of nostalgia."

"Wow. So he's a tree." She teased. "What color is his hair?"

"Blonde. Yellow-y blonde." You sighed looking away. "I saw him not too long ago, and the way the sunrise was caught..." If only you could see the smile tugging the corners of your mouth. "It was touched by Midas." You gave your head a shake, trying to get yourself together.

"Midas, huh? What about his eyes?"

"Blue." That shake didn't work too well, a daydreaming look washed over you. "They're very blue." Cherry rolled her shoulders, ready to dig deeper. "What do you mean 'very blue'? Like a sapphire or-?"

"I-" You took a moment to think. If only your mind hadn't been elsewhere that morning. You had the image in your head, but damn wouldn't it be better more detailed. How dare he sit there and let the sunlight just caress  his features in front of you. Being all handsome and such. "Stunningly blue, sky blue, Greek waters...electric!" You snapped. "That's the word! They're electrifying."

"Interesting, you hopeless romantic." Cherry poked your side. "Oof, don't say that." You popped a chip into your mouth and reached for a can of soda. "Why?" She giggled. "Hair touched by Midas and eyes like Grecian waters? That's so cheesy. It sounds like you're head over he-"

"Next question!" You opened the can, eyes wide. Don't say that. I'm no where near...I'm too much of a mess right now to even think... Cherry pinched her chin. "What about his personality?"

"Charismatic, definitely. He's driven and a people pleaser in the best way. He's at the freaking zenith."

"He sounds cute." She smirked, a hand resting in her open palm. 

"He is." You bit your lip, drifting for a moment. "But!" You threw your arms up in defeat and flopped forward, your forehead making loud contact against the table. "He's got someone."

"Fuck!" Cherry groaned. "I know." You rolled your eyes.

Later that evening you rolled up to the bar, serving tray in one hand and an order in the other. "I thought you were off today." Tauros said as he took the list of drinks you held out to him. "Just picking up some hours to help out." You replied. "On the most lively night of the week." He said sarcastically, setting the first drink, a shot, on your tray.

It was dead, to put it bluntly. No one on stage and the music that was playing was turned low. The only customers you had were on the second floor, and they were there for the food and drinks. It was safe to say clean up would be easy at the end of your shift. Hell, even Koji was lounging about on the main floor, feet kicked up as he reclined at one of the tables. "Oh yeah, super busy." You knocked on the wooden surface of the bar, Tauros did the same while setting the last drink down. "Thanks." You took hold of your tray and headed for the elevator.

You rolled off the elevator and up to the occupied table. "You wanna hang with us?" One from the party of four asked as you served their drinks. "Um...?" You gave an unsure look. "You're not busy, come on." Another gave you an inviting wave. They all were late college age and quite visibly bored. "Well," you took a quick glance over your shoulder. You could see Koji still relaxing below, and no one else had come in. "I don't see why not."