Bud

--y'all i can't say thank you enough for your patience. not gonna bore you with excuses but i owe y'all a lot for all the love and support y'all have shown me. i've got something special coming soon. so so so so so much love 💖💖--

"Do you have any plans today?" You turned to the younger male speaking to you as you clocked out for the day. "Not that I know of. What's up, Liu Wei?"

Han's son adjusted the bag hanging on his shoulder. "Well, I was wondering...since you're never online anymore... would you want to come to hang at a gaming cafe with me and a few friends?" He spoke as the two of you headed out, Han in tow, locking the door. "Ah," You rubbed the back of your neck, "I don't know about that one, chief."

You had time to kill, too much time. Cherry was with Suzuki at another appointment, and you didn't have work again tonight. Might was somewhere. The only thing productive that you could be doing was filling out more applications and continuing your career search.

"Please! It's not too far from here." He pointed off in the general direction. "Leave her alone." Han grunted. "Don't you need to be getting ready for your provisional exam?"

"I can practice later, pops." Liu rolled his eyes. "Come on!" He persisted, taking hold of your wrist. "I-"

"Pleeeease! We haven't seen you move in months! Just a few rounds." The teen plead. "Let's go." You shrugged. No point in letting him beg, it'd be good stress relief anyway.

As you followed Liu Wei to the cafe you watched as he hopped in his group chat, excitedly telling his clique that he 'got her to come! It's about to go down!'

"I didn't know you still came here." You eyed the massive building in front of you. "Of course, we do. You showed it to us after all." He said holding the door open for you. "Well, yeah, but I thought you'd just use it until you got the wifi back under control." You said honestly. The first floor was bare, only a check in desk and associate waited for you. Liu Wei informed her that the two of you were headed up. "Wait..." You looked on as he turned to the nearby elevator. "You don't have to pay?"

"Not really." He laughed, and waved you on to follow. "We come here so much they've stated a bi-annual pass as a step up from the usual monthly." He explained as you headed up. "Damn." You laughed in disbelief. "Yeah! We're allowed to bring up to two guests...I haven't had anyone to bring until now." He rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Awuh!" You threw an arm over his shoulder. "You should've harassed me sooner." You teased. "I guess so." Liu Wei said, stepping off into a red- lit room lined with gaming computers. "It's cool though, because you're here now." He grinned, a group of faces doing the same as you approached a cluster of chairs around a single curved monitor. Some of them were familiar and some new. "Hello!" You waved and gave a smile. You were greeted with 'welcome back's and 'nice to meet you's. 

"What are we starting with?" You asked as Liu handed you a controller. "How about DoA?" Ayane, a newer face framed with lavender hair, asked. "Yeah, you always killed that one." Liu piped. "Do you still play Alpha?" He asked as you took a seat. "Play? No. Main? Absofuckinglutely." You nodded.

"Fuck!" It was all fun and games until you learned how each of them played. Liu Wei had warned the ones new to you not to get comfortable with the wins you, to him, seemingly handed them. And damn was he right. Frustrated laughs and rolling shoulders to shake off an unrecoverable combo turned into heavy breathing and sweating over eyes clouded in concentration. 

"Don't look so relaxed!" Kyo laughed, you'd only seen him once before but he was the only one that used to give you a run for your money. "Oh!" You looked at your slouched position in the gaming chair. "Sorry about that, didn't mean to look so pretentious." You tried to laugh it off. Though it didn't do much good, your earbuds alerted you of a phone call, and without pausing, you moved to answer it with both hands still on the controller. Your knuckle tapped the touch-pad answering your call. "Hello!" You piped. "Good afternoon, it's been a while." Might spoke. "It's been two days." You laughed. "What's up, big guy?"

"Nothing yet. Are you busy-"

"I told you she wasn't single, pay up." You heard a voice to your left. Glancing quickly you saw two teens digging out their yen. "What's going on over there?" Might chuckled. "Nah, I'm single." You giggled. "You pay up." You said while securing a knockout. "Sorry about that, what's up big guy?"

"It's not a problem. We can talk later if you're busy." Might said, you glanced around the group. I think I've played everyone twice. "No, it's all good." You handed Liu his controller back. "Think you could make time for tea?" The hero asked. "Of course!" You stood and mouthed thank you to them all, bowing lightly before turning to the elevator. "Where are you wanting to go?" You asked. "Ever heard of Bloom?"

"I have but I've never been. I'm maybe five minutes away from there, actually." You pushed the button to take you down to the lobby. "So close but not tempted to enter?"

"Not close enough to be tempted." You replied, rocking on your heels as you descended. "Well, I think you'll like it. It reminds me of you."

"Oh?" You said stepping off onto the ground floor. "What makes you say that? Is it shrouded in mystery?" You giggled, waving goodbye to the receptionist as you exited. "No." Might snorted. "It's warm and inviting."

"Well aren't you just the sweetest." You teased, looking both ways, trying to remember which way to turn to get to Bloom. "I try."

You pulled up your hood, snow lightly beginning to fall. Fuck. I should've worn a heavier jacket. "Are you already there or should I grab a table?" You asked, opting to go left. "I'm already here." He said. "I'll see you in a bit, then?"

"In a bit."