Chapter Six: Optimistic

Start from the beginning

I huffed the thought away wrapping Aro's cloak around me, knowing it would mask my scent so I would not be followed. I stepped out of the door, walking as fast as my legs could take me before I reached the door to the garden, my safe haven at this point. I pushed the door open putting the hood over my head before departing down the long stretch of flowers. I lightly hummed as my hands stroked the petals, each flower lightly grazing my hand.

My mind went to my first days here with Caius and Marcus, there words still imprinted in my head about my tie with Aro, and I knew it was true at this moment. I was bound to him, but that wasn't just it, there was more but I just could not explain it.

I took a breath of fresh air, feeling the air pass through my body, as a reminder that I was still alive. Yet that was it.  A problem. We were bound, I know it, but I could - - would not, just die for the sake of spending eternity with him. What about what I was already giving up? I would never have children ever, the years of watching them grow, wondering if they would look like me, or maybe Aro, but that was impossible.

I knew one thing for sure, and that was I was never going to become a vampire. But, how do I tell Aro that?

I huffed to myself feeling my mood drain instantly. I turned on my heels walking back inside to Aro's chambers, and to my surprise there he was at his desk looking over papers in his hands.

"How was the garden?" He asked.

I smiled lightly, putting his cloak behind his chairs before turning away to go sit down by the window.

"Beautiful as ever, however, I have something to discuss with you," I said causing his gaze to turn to me.

I fumbled with my hands as I watched him stand to his feet, making his way towards me.

"I understand that we are bound, and I have no intention to stop it as of lately, but I have concerns,"

"Concerns?" He questioned.

"I know you are true to your word, so I want you to make me a promise,  Aro,"

He sat beside me taking my hands in his now fully aware of my thoughts. He knew I wanted kids, he knew he would never be able to give them to me, but truly, he knew I did not want to become a vampire.

His hands released mine, his eyes also not looking into mine.

"Promise me," I whispered, "I don't want that life, and I need you to promise me that you will not force that upon me," I finished grabbing his cold face pulling it to me.

"Am I just supposed to watch you die then," he questioned removing my hand, "We are soul mates, I will not just let you make that decision,"

I shook my head standing to my feet before looking back at him.

"What about what Im giving up to be with you? The decision is not yours, so I will tell you, if I am turned against my will, I am leaving and I will never look back. Bound or not," I said standing to leave the room.

With just a flash he was standing in front of me and behind the door, stopping me from every move I could make.

"Your threats, my dear, will not be tolerated,"

"They are not threats,  Aro, there promises," I spoke trying to walk past him before he harshly grabbed my wrists.

"Let. Me. Go," I said yanking my hands free.

His eyes continued to stare deep into my brown eyes before he motioned for me to sit back down.

"There must be some way I can convince you to change your mind,"

I shook my head before sitting down away from him, "I want a family, something you will never be able to give me, I accept that, so accept my condition,"

He sat next to me bringing me into his arms holding me as if he was going to lose me, and in a way I knew he was thinking that exact thing.

"The years you have left are not enough, the only hope I have left is the chance your mind will change but until then,"

He stopped putting a necklace around my neck. I tensed before looking down at the thin sterling silver necklace that held a ruby incased in it. Simple yet so beautiful.

"My mother's necklace," he spoke in a whisper, "then Didyme's, and now yours,"

I looked back up to him lightly smiling not knowing what I could say considering moments ago we were yelling at each other.

"Despite our argument I want to take you somewhere,"

Lillian felt something stir inside of her. Happiness maybe? But what she didn't know that in just the days to come she was going to wish she had never heard the name, Aro Volturi.