“But aaj achanak, Tune haa kaise kar di aaj?” she asked surprised.

“Teri wajah se, this is all you baby” his voice softened as he cupped her face

“aaj maine channel ka mail dekha na, mujhe tera khayal aaya, tu hamesha yehi chahti thi na, ki main logo se milu, apne kaam ke baare mein apne aap ke baare mein unse baat karu.. So bass, here we are” he explained

“since they are also running on a tight schedule, woh log aaj hi aa gaye interview karne” Sidharth laced their hands together

“Teri hi wait kar rahe the hum, I wanted you to be there when I give my first ever interview” he pulled her along with him and introduced her to the team.

Shehnaaz made herself comfortable, seated just across him at a distance and saw him answer all the interviewer’s questions with such ease and finesse.

He looked poised and composed, perfectly fitting in an accomplished writers persona.

With this Interview, with this face to face interaction, Sidharth had crossed over a big hurdle in his career span as a writer for the first time, it was a huge effort from his side, she knew.

She was in awe of this man.

As the interview came to an end, Mr. Batra, who was leading the team spoke

“So this is it Mr. Shukla. Thanks a lot for finally taking this thru. We are glad to have you on our feature this year” Mr. Batra shook hands with Sidharth

“And about the conference this weekend, after the panel discussion and key presentation, we have a small reading session for all the ten writers, followed by drinks and dinner. Since we are publicizing this event across all social media platforms, you can expect quiet a gathering of fans.“ Batra explained

“So I am hoping to see you and your plus one at the venue. My office will share the details and a formal invite with you on mail by tomorrow” The team bid them good bye and left.

The weekend was finally here and Sidharth and Shehnaaz had reached the venue.

He had been very cool about this event throughout the week, but as he pulled up the car in the parking, he again found himself getting edgy with his anxiety kicking in.

She grimaced as she watched him silently trying to quell down his fears.

But his flaring nostrils and the nerve jumping frantically on his tightened jaw gave it away.

Sidharth was taking deep loud breaths trying to shut out his thoughts, but was visibly failing at it.

Impulsively, his shaking hands fumbled at the glove box as he pulled out a packet of smoke and lit one.

He took a deep drag and let it out with a slight whistle as if it was a cure for his jumpy nerves.

But that wasn’t working too.

Shehnaaz let out a cough as the car filled with the smoke, suffocating her.

He quickly drew the pane down and threw the cigarette.

She had to give it to him, even in his nervous mess, he still managed to look awfully sexy.

His toned body, wrapped in the sharp, all black attire, from head to toe was screaming charisma.

Shehnaaz had changed thrice, trying to match upto him tonight but still felt under dressed even in the midnight blue knee length cocktail dress she had finally settled for.

She just kept gazing at him, rubbing on his ear lobe softly, as he sat zoning out into oblivion.

When she was done giving him space to calm down and couldn’t tolerate the silence anymore, she placed her hand in his and said out her prayer, aloud for them both to hear.

Once she was done she turned to him “Ajj ki raat bohot special hai bebu. I know tu nervous hai, but kisine mujhe kaha tha ki nervousness is good. Kaam accha hi hota hai” she chuckled, making him smile too as he recollected his own words said to her.

“Tune uss din propose karte waqt kaha tha na ki tere sapne mere andar rehte hai, waise hi mere bhi tere andar rehte hai” she spoke gently

“Aaj mera ek sapna pura kar de, pichla purana sab kuch bhool ja” she sighed,

“mitti paa tere darr pe aur puri duniya ko dekhne de, ki mere Sidharth jaisa koi nahi hai. sabko pata chalne de ki main kitni lucky hu ki mujhe tu mila.. aur tu sirf aur sirf mera hai” She pulled him to face her

“Aur main toh hoon na tere saath, tera hamesha wala pyaar” she giggled assuring him

“I love you my kucchu, so so so much” she planted a kiss on his lips, as if absorbing all his inhibitions into herself.

Her encouraging words, her soothing touch, all seemed to work towards calming him down and he spoke for the first time since they had arrived

“I love you plum, and thank you for tonight” his husky voice said

“ur my strength, my power, baby. Hamesha mere sath reh, please” he closed his eyes, touching their foreheads..

His voice was pained, but a new vigor rushed thru him, as he turned and banged his fist hard on the steering wheel letting out a low growl and got out of the car.

Enough of cowering into his comfort, he was ready to face the world with his life by his side.

Sidharth entwined their fingers and walked inside the venue as a new person, finally ready to bask in the glory of his hard work of all these years.

_____________________________________________

M half asleep, writing this parting note for tonight.

Excuse me

Please vote comment and recommend my story to ur fellow readers.

Love love

Sidnaazkidiwani