"Yes, but they are good people. I rather not have Zoe stab me in the back all the time."

"Come on, Get out of the girl toilets." She opened the door to see her younger brother laying against the wall. He sneered at her, trying to muster a smirk. "There you are."

She wiped her eyes some more. "Do I look alright?"

"Like you've been crying. But nothing a splash of water can't cure." He pat her on the back, not sure how to comfort her. "At the ball, if you just stumbled into someone's arms, I won't let father know."

She gave him a soft smile and nodded her head. He awkwardly left her alone. She drew a shaky breath. When she had her emotions undercontrol she went to the Slytherin common room to do her homework. It was dim, but nothing a lamp couldn't fix. Occasionally she'd spot a grindylow swim passed the window. It was calming to watch. The cute fish schools swimming by, sometimes glancing in to say hello.

She decided to take some time to herself. As she helped to prepare for the yule ball, she didn't talk to Alicia, she felt like a bad friend, but she felt angry when she shouldn't. It just wasn't fair. She'd see Fred put his arm around Angelina and Lyra wondered if George was doing the same to Alicia. These were bad thoughts. She'd get over George and she'll settle for a good man from high society. This crush is only a silly way to rebel. She was sure of it.

She helped hang up silver garland to match the ice wonderland theme. Her dress came in and she was excited, she'd look so beautiful. Everyone will be so jealous. She'll show George Weasley how attractive she is! That wanker!

"Lyra?"

She jumped and turned around to see Alicia, she struggled to give her a smile. "Hi,"

She sighed heavily. "I wish you were honest with me and Katie."

"What do you mean?" Lyra asked, as she levitated more garland.

Alicia let out a dry laugh. "Do you really think I'm that thick? I told George no."

"Why? Don't you want a date?" She refused to look at her.

"Well, as much as I would. You fancy him and my granddad is sick so I'm going home."

She looked over at Alicia and gave her a frown. "I-I'm sorry. I hope he gets well."

"Me too." Alicia sighed. She was bundled up and looked like she was ready for Hogsmeade train station. "I know you have a family reputation to uphold, but at what cost will you realize you deserve to have some fun?"

"I don't need a poor Weasley to have fun."

"Of course, Malfoy." Alicia rolled her eyes, not believing her friend for one second. She pulled her into a big hug. "You and Katie better tell me everything!"

"Is Katie going with anyone?"

"No, take care. Love you."

"Love you too, Alicia... I'm sorry about being distant."

"Don't worry about it. Just don't do it again. Bye." She left the great hall to go catch the train.

The night of the ball, there was a buzz everywhere. Lyra felt sick to her stomach. She didn't know what to expect. She took her dress out. Covered in pastel flowers and was a light creme color. It was sleeveless and long but came with a tulle cape to keep it more modest even though her breasts her far from on display. All the girls in the dormitory were doing their hair and makeup. Lyra felt Zoe's eyes digging into her flesh. They were muttering back and forth, making Lyra feel insecure once again.

She had her hair in nice curls with pale pink diamond hair clips to hold her fringe to the side as best as it could.

Lyra met Katie on the grand staircase. She was pacing in her sparkly purple dress. Katie's dark hair was up and she actually wore sparkly eyeshadow and lipstick. She looked very pale too.