chapter two: warm

"Here are your coffees!" Eunwol loudly announces with her cheery attitude as she leaves the plastic bags on the food table.

  "Now, that it's been quite a while we've worked together, your bubbly side is showing up," Aejin chuckles. "Thanks, by the way!"

  Hyeri nods, ruffling the youngest's hair and stretches her fluffy cheeks. "I know, right? She's so adorable! And so, so tiNy!"

  "Ya, hands off. She's my daughter," Rina declares and snatches her from Hyeri's hold who then glares at her.

  Eunwol laughs in a muffle against Rina's tight embrace- her being both the youngest and the shortest among them makes her the baby of the group. "Can I work now? I need to figure out an eyeshadow look."

  Rina pouts. "Fine, fine. You and your dedicated little butt. After this, join us for lunch, okay?"

  "Okay!!" Eunwol chirps as she scampers to Donghyuck who's on the further side of dressing tables.
"hOlA, pEoPle."

  Donghyuck and Jaemin laugh at her cheerful arrival.

  "hElLo, wOlLie~" Jaemin responds, equally bubbly.

  Eunwol chuckles as she zips her makeup bag open and flips open the different compartments and levels.

  "So-" she starts and leans against the table as she faces Hyuck. "-do you have any specific look you want, today?"

  The idol hums. "Something natural? A bit light, maybe." 

  Wol turns and picks out different shades of brown eyeshadow. She first takes out the foundation bottles and bring them close to his cheeks, comparing his tone with them. "This one." 

  Being an NCT fan even before she started working with them means that she has in fact, watched a lot of their content- leading to her constant complains of how the makeup artists can't seem to get Haechan's foundation shade right. 

  And it stresses her out. But, ever since she's become his makeup artist, his foundation has been(cue the chef kisses) pErfeCt. Like, why whitewash people when their original skin tones are legit masterpieces?? It's a mystery she hasn't solved and probably, never will. 

  Eunwol starts snapping open the eyeshadow palettes and takes Donghyuck's hand in hers to check the colours- something she's always done to ensure that the shades matches his skin tone according to the theme. Which, in today's case, natural. 

  It's also, to make sure that he's not allergic to the products. So, if it itches, she knows which not to use. 

  The idol shifts his gaze from the mirror to her, staring as she swatches on the back of his hand. 

  Her focus is fully set on finding the right natural tone, not noticing his eyes that are set on her and her lips purse into a smile when she decides. "Let's go with this one!" 

  He quickly looks away. "Which?" 

  She shows him and he nods with a smile. "Well, whatever you like. You are the makeup artist, after all." 

  After all the necessary steps like primer and moisturizer and a bit of sunscreen, Eunwol puts away all the unnecessary items and heads on with the foundation- pressing the blender gently on his face and is extra cautious around his eyes. 

  When she starts with the eyeshadow, she bends to get closer- having to get a better view for precise application on the corner of his eyes and under eyes, creating a natural-look liner to accentuate the shape of his pretty, round eyes. 

  Donghyuck observes from the reflection as she works, looking at the back of her head- suddenly, feeling a strange sensation in his heart and he moves his attention to her. 

  Her delicate features adorn her porcelain, babyface perfectly as her soft dark brown orbs concentrate on his. 

  THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

  Donghyuck's breath hitches for a blink at the ferocious beats of his heart. What is happening?