chapter fifty-five: crazy

"Ow!" Donghyuck yelps loudly after being smacked on his arm by Eunwol.

  She frowns angrily. "Yah! Are you crazy?? What kind of question is that?? Of course, I still love you! I loved you then, I love you now and I will still love you in the future!
  "I came back here because I couldn't help but miss your dramatic little a$$!"

  The other cowers from her sudden outburst. "Ow! Okay, okay! I was just asking! Why are you so angry about it?"

  "Because!" Eunwol raises her voice again before clenching her hands and unclenching them as her head hangs down.
  "You looked so serious and your tone was so gloomy, I got... scared. For a split second there, I thought you were gonna say something about how you didn't feel the same anymore."

  Her voice trembles and she doesn't have the energy to lift up her head.

  So, he does it for her- holding her chin with his fingers and raising her face to meet with his.

  "I can vouch that you're much crazier than I am for thinking that I'll ever not love you anymore," Haechan scoffs and kisses her temple.

  His simple form of affection manages to soothe her worry and she smiles.

  The upturn of her lips cause his eyes to shift down to them and his brain replays the vexing memory of how she and Minjun were so dangerously close together in the CF.

  "Wollie," he calls sweetly and she hums softly.
"Can I kiss you?"

  "Wh-what?" She stutters and her cheeks flush red instantly while her round eyes rounded more than ever.

  His hand that holds her chin moves to her jaw while his other pulls her closer by the waist.
"Is that a yes?"

  Unlike before, his voice has turned more low and raspy, still so sweet, but holding a clear yearning quality in them.

  She nods and he immediately leans in.

  Maybe, it's because of the commercial he saw, or the fact that they've truly, face-to-face expressed their affection for each other, but the kiss feels more special and passionate to them than other times.

  "Aren't the others going to search for you?" She asks him, now leaning their head on each other with hands in each other's.

  "Nah. I told them where I was going already. I had to battle my way through, you know that?" He claims and relaxes his back on the couch's header. "So you better bask yourself in my presence right now."

  "Who said I wasn't, already?" She scoffs out and wraps her arms tighter around his torso as she snuggles deeper into his chest.

  He chuckles and pulls her closer by the waist. "I didn't even need to say it, didn't I?"

  They both sit there quietly with shut eyes considering how she hasn't installed a TV yet so they can't watch anything.

  But they've never felt more tranquil and relaxed.

  "Hyuck, about the articles... Did your manager get mad at you about it?" Eunwol asks and the other idol sighs.

  "Well, he got irritated. But, I don't really care. He can't stop me," he bravely states and pecks her crown. "You got scolded by your manager too, didn't you? And you seem just as every bit unaffected as I am."

  She laughs lightly. "It's not like it's gonna stop me."

  "Exactly."

  Another round of silence begins before again, Eunwol breaks it.

  "Do you wanna make it official?"

  "What?"

  She sits up and looks straight at him with determination in her eyes. "Donghyuck-ah, should we date?"

  "Ew, noㅡ"

  He's cut off by his own shriek when she abruptly wrestles him and laughs out loud. "I was just joking! Of course, I will, you crazy lady!"

  He stops her fists by grasping on her arms and staring at her endearingly. "Of course, I will. In this life, in the next life and in the next. I always will choose you."

  Eunwol grins softly as her eyes seem to turn warmer with emotions. "Then, let's make it official. Make it so that both our companies can't deny it anymore."

  Hyuck chuckles. "Let's make it a bit more fun. Maybe, give them a few hints here and there?"

  "I like the way you think."

  "Just 'like?'"

  "Don't push it."

  "Okay~"