chapter forty-one: speechless

"What is he doing?" Taeil asks with eyes fixed on Donghyuck who sits alone on the couch.

"Reading about CODE," Jungwoo answers. "Apparently, he found their social media."

Hyuck is doing just as he said although, specifically, his focus is more set on Eunwol.

CODE

Liked by 987,674 others and 1,283 comments

CODE hey, matrices! thank you for showing so much love towards our debut and 'Glitch' 💖 anyways, stay healthy, everyone~ an 🍎 a day, keeps the doctor away (ahem, unless you're allergic)

He scans the picture- thinking how someone can simultaneously look so different yet, the same as before.

It's like he knows her but at the same time, not.

"Haechan-ah, practice," Johnny calls and the lad looks at him before back at his phone but he then, shuts it off and follows the others out.

-

"What?" Donghyuck raises a brow at his manager.

"You're going to act in a webdrama starting around next week," the older answers.

Hyuck frowns. "I didn't even know about this. You agreed to this without my consent!"

The other sighs, showing slight frustration but not for the idol- for the company, instead.
"I know, I tried to talk them out of it but, the higher ups said this would be a good opportunity considering you would be the star in this drama."

"But, I don't want to act!" The idol argues.

"I'm sorry, Haechan, I can't help you this time. You've already rejected many offers so they wanted to make sure you couldn't do the same with this one."

Haechan massages his temple. "What even is this drama about?"

His manager pulls out a booklet from his bag. "This is the script. Read through it, understand the plot, memorize the lines and characters. You'll meet the other actors on the day of the script reading."

"It's a romance?" Hyuck blurts in disbelief.

Being in a drama he doesn't want to be in is already terrible and the fact that it's a romance, makes it worse.

"Something wrong with that?" The manager asks with knitted brows and Hyuck ponders.

Eunwol would be watching it... Wouldn't she?

What would she think? What would she feel?

These questions worry him and his manager must've known that because he pats the younger's shoulder.

"Haechan, it'll all be fine. You're going to be great in it and I'm pretty sure others would be so proud to see you do well," the older says- not specific with any names but they both know who he refers to.

His words don't motivate him but, they do make him less tense with the idea of acting in the series.

"Alright."