|33| 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 ✔︎

Start from the beginning

When he looked up trying to see the damaged he had caused he was shocked to see her standing with a look of not pity, or disgust but a look of understanding.

She understood what he was going through. The fact that he was appalled by his behaviour, the regret and pain he held. She knew he did it for a reason. Being a crime fighter meant not everything goes according to plan. She had made mistakes, which unfortunately led to a life being taken. Whether it was intentional or unintentional. The weight that a life had been lost because of you, leaves a heavy burden on a soul.

Gar sighed stepping out of her comforting embrace. His eyes traced the floorboards as he ignored the look Harper was giving him. " I killed him, ripped him apart. I'm nothing more than a monster." He growled, tears brimmed his eyes once again as the image of him ripping the doctor to shreds played in his mind.

Harper moved forward, her hands resting on his arms as she forced the boy to look at her. Her eyes were filled with a certain sternness that he knew he couldn't get out of, even if he tried.

" You listen to me Garfield. You're not a monster. You did what you had to do, to get you and Rachel out of that place. You protected her and yourself. After everything they did to you and us, they deserved it. You can't beat yourself up about it alright. These are unfortunately the outcomes of being a hero and Gar, you're a damn good one. It's okay to feel upset and remorseful, it shows you're a good human being. It shows you're not a monster. Now chin up, and wipe those tears. Can't impress your girl if you're crying to your sister. " she joked sending him a wink.

He playfully rolled his eyes, he felt a lot better after hearing her words. A smile decorated his face as he pulled the girl into a hug.

" You always have me Gar. " She assured as she gave him a grin.

"So explain to me what we're about to do?"  Harper questioned as she stood next to Gar as she watched Rachel sit on the coffee table opposite Kory who sat on the couch.

" We're going to see if I can bring back Kory’s memories." Rachel informed the brunette.

" And you've done this before. You know what you're doing right?"

" Nope" Rachel said as Kory let out a nervous chuckle.

" Alright, let's give this a try." Kory told the girl.

Rachel's hand reached out to grab Kory before Harper let a comment slip. " What do we do if you die?"

Gar snorted as he smacked the girl's arm. Kory shot her a glare as Rachel began to grow nervous.

" Harper" Kory hissed.

" Sorry, I'm sorry. You totally won’t die. We've got it covered no need to stress. You go Rachel." Harper rambled as Gar moved forward placing a hand over her mouth, trying to stop the brunette from digging a bigger grave that had already been dug.

" Shut up Harper." He said before looking at Rachel. " You may proceed."

Rachel took a deep breath before placing her hands on either side of Kory’s head.

It was silent for a while, Harper sharing a weary look with Gar before Kory’s eyes fluttered open. She stared curiously at Rachel while the raven haired teen still tried to access the woman's memories.

" Do you feel anything?" Rachel asked.

" No. Maybe a little tingling, but..." she trailed off. " Rachel, I don't think this is..."

Kory was cut off as Rachel exhaled heavily. Kory’s eyes rolled to the back of her head as her head now faced the ceiling.

" Kory?" Gar frowned as Angela, Harper and the teen shared worried looks.

Kory’s eyes flashed her bright emerald green as she stood up, grabbing Rachel by the throat. Rachel screamed as Kory lifted her into the air.

An orange glow made its way along Kory reaching her hands that were gripping Rachel's throat.

Harper shot forward yelling at Kory to let Rachel go. Her and Gar had grabbed her arms trying to pulled the magenta haired lady away from the screaming teen.

Harper had managed to rip Kory’s arm off of Rachel as the teen went stumbling backwards. Angela rushing towards her daughter’s aid.

Harper had managed to push Gar away in time before Kory had snapped around, Harper's throat in her hands.

Harper struggled for air as she clawed at Kory’s hand. " Kory" she choked out as black spots danced across her vision.

Gar was yelling for Kory to let her go as Rachel stared in shock, Angela's arms wrapped securely around her shaking frame.

" Kory, it's me. It's Harper" she gasped.

The door was flung open as Dick frantically ran in. He saw Harper on the brink of unconsciousness as Kory held her in a death grip.

" Kory, what are you..." Dick panicked before Kory threw Harper across the room, the brunette colliding into Dick as the two collapsed to the floor.

Harper and Gar's relationship gives me life

Harper and Gar's relationship gives me life. They're so cute.