|16| 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔✔︎

The two pulled up to a gas station that Dick was notified as Rachel’s last known location. They made their way to the back, eyeing what was once a bathroom which was now completely burnt. The fumes had begun to make Harper's eyes water as the ash stuck to her woolly coat that she wore against the cold nippy air.    

" You think she did this?" Harper sighed looking at the charred dead body that was on the stretcher. " No, she wouldn't. But the person's she’s with..." He trailed off before turning to her. " C'mon follow me."

Dick and Harper went to the back office to download the security camera footage before going back to the car. " What’s that?" Harper pointed out as they watched the footage back. Dick zoomed in on the car that was in the background. They saw a woman with magenta hair place Rachel in a blue car before he enhanced the number plate.

" Well then, nice work. Now let's go get Rachel back."

" A roller rink. The kidnapper brought her to a roller rink. Wow" Harper muttered.

She pushed open the door, her eyes having to adjust to the bright neon lights and the thundering music. " I'll go find Rachel, you talk to the woman." Harper told him before walking off, leaving no room for debate.

Harper scanned the area looking for the purple haired teen before seeing her alongside a teenage boy with bright green hair. " Rachel!" Harper called. The teenagers turned around at the sudden call. " Harper, what are you doing here?" There was no malice in her voice, just genuine curiosity.

She was mad at Dick not Harper.

" We came looking for you." She said. " Also who is this?" She smirked  indicating towards the boy who was awkwardly standing next to her.

" Gar, I mean Garfield. Yeah Garfield." He stuttered, his cheeks reddening in embarrassment." Harper" She chuckled lightly at his nervousness before shaking his hand.

Dick came up to them standing next to the brunette. " Rachel we need to go." He gestured to the door.  Harper turned to the so called kidnapper.       " Who the hell are you?" She questioned.

" I don't know. But somehow Rachel's the key to me figuring it out ." The lady replied, feeling as though she could trust the brunette more than Dick. " Well  uh, I'm Harper." She smiled.

The group made their way out of the rink and into the parking lot. " How's Dawn. I read what happened online. Is she gonna be okay?" Rachel asked, worried for the blonde who was unresponsive back at the hospital.

" I really can’t talk-" Dick started before he was cut off by Harper.          " Dawn will be okay, she's tough, she'll pull through. " Harper reassured. The raven haired teen shot her a grateful look, thankful that someone was telling her the truth.

" The cops are looking for you. They think that you killed your mom." Dick told the girl. Kory let out a sarcastic comment causing Harper to look at her. " They're looking for you too" she said. Dick nodded, adding on to the brunette’s comment. " Yeah, assault on multiple officers. Arson." He listed. " Oh and not to mention kidnapping." Harper chimed in." Exactly" he nodded.

" She didn't kidnap me, she saved me" Rachel defended. " Well that's technically true, Dick" she remarked. Harper snickered at the comment, using her hand to cover up her laugh. " Gee, that's a new one" he said rolling his eyes.

They continued to bicker. Harper just stood on the side-lines picking at her nails. She was really craving for some pizza right about now. They wouldn't miss her if she just so happened to run in and grabbed a slice would they?

" I just needed time to figure things out" She heard Dick plead.  " Stop!" Rachel yelled. Harper’s eyes widened, this was going to be the same thing that happened at Hank and Dawn's. Rachel was going to lose her cool and end up destroying everything.               

" Rachel?" she said tentatively, trying to calm the raging teen.  " STOP LYING!" Rachel roared, her voice demonic.

Every window in the parking lot shattered along with the car alarms that started going off. They all flinched as they raised their arms to shield their heads from the glass shards that rained down upon them. Harper looked at Rachel in shock as Rachel bent over as if she was in pain.

" I need to go back to the sisters" Rachel begged, her eyes black. Dick looked at her before nodding.

" Okay , Okay come on let's go."